Author Topic: CZ-82 at J&G Sales  (Read 2861 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
CZ-82 at J&G Sales
« on: August 18, 2020, 11:08:02 AM »
Has anyone made a recent purchase on a CZ-82 from J&G Sales lately. They have them quite a bit lower than other vendors and am thinking about buying one. Just want input from y'all. Was considering the cheaper one and getting it cerakoted.

https://www.jgsales.com/cz-82-czech-semi-auto-pistol,-9x18,-black,-12rd-mag,-cz-82,-good-condition,-c-r,-used.-p-102911.html
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: CZ-82 at J&G Sales
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 11:21:20 AM »
I have not purchased a CZ-82 (or anything) recently from J&G but the black paint on these pistols is typically chipped, so cosmetically they may look mediocre while still being functionally good.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 11:26:47 AM »
I have not purchased a CZ-82 (or anything) recently from J&G but the black paint on these pistols is typically chipped, so cosmetically they may look mediocre while still being functionally good.

Yeah, not too worried about that as long as the guts are good. I can always strip it down and blue it, if nothing else.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline astronut

• This user has decided to end his association with SKSFiles
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 12:19:46 PM »
I got one from them about a year ago.  I chose one of the less expensive ones if I remember correctly I paid $199 for it.
Other than the enamel paint chipping and missing in some areas it was functionally sound.  A couple of pics to show what I recieved.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 04:21:47 PM »
Wish to hell they'd get some 83's.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 05:32:10 PM »

LOL, at least there's ammo around for the 82s.

Offline BMont

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 01:35:28 PM »
Hey guys... I bought one about a month ago and it was listed at their highest grade and I must say that I was disappointed with the grading.  It was marked as a V for very good on the tag but I would rank it as a fair to low good.   Heavy wear on paint on both sides and top of frame and the grip was heavily warn on one side into a crack. 

This was the first time that I felt like I way over paid for one.  First purchase from them for a CZ pistol.  I almost sent it back.  Maybe my experience is an anomaly as other purchases from them were decent.

Offline astronut

• Marksman
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 01:56:44 PM »
I would rather have a bag/sack full of rocks to use in an armed confrontation than a CZ 83 chambered in .380.  Or any other pistol in that caliber.  Just saying!   ;)

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 04:08:46 PM »
I don't feel undergunned with a .380. Or a .32 for that matter.

The only caliber I absolutely won't carry is a 25.

Conversely, the largest I'll carry is a 45acp. (excluding bear country)
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 04:23:31 PM »
I am a firm believer in using whatever caliber you can shoot the most accurate. If you can adequately defend yourself with a .22LR, but can't handle the recoil on anything else so end up not hitting anything, then by all means, use the .22LR.

Hey guys... I bought one about a month ago and it was listed at their highest grade and I must say that I was disappointed with the grading.  It was marked as a V for very good on the tag but I would rank it as a fair to low good.   Heavy wear on paint on both sides and top of frame and the grip was heavily warn on one side into a crack. 

This was the first time that I felt like I way over paid for one.  First purchase from them for a CZ pistol.  I almost sent it back.  Maybe my experience is an anomaly as other purchases from them were decent.

Did you reach out to them? Maybe at least get them to offer a discount down to the G value 82 as yours looks more like that one from the pics??? Just a thought. The other question is, how does it function? Is it mechanically sound?

Offline astronut

• Marksman
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 05:05:34 PM »
I don't feel undergunned with a .380. Or a .32 for that matter.

The only caliber I absolutely won't carry is a 25.

Conversely, the largest I'll carry is a 45acp. (excluding bear country)
I am sorry Larry.  I should have added a sarcasm note warning to my post.   ;)  To be honest, my first handgun was an FIE Titan .25acp pistol that was given to me one Christmas many, many years ago.  I no longer have it since I sold it off many years ago to someone that had a "thing" for collecting .25acp pistols.  One thing I will say about the .25acp is that in the many years working as an EMT medic is that I responded to many calls of people committing suicide with a shot to their head with that caliber of pistol.   :o

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2020, 05:11:04 PM »

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 03:41:12 AM »
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.