Author Topic: Factory /106\ Paratrooper  (Read 5731 times)

Offline martin08

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
Factory /106\ Paratrooper
« on: July 01, 2018, 10:54:10 PM »
Factory /106\ is one of the early non-/26\ producing arsenals.  They started showing up in the mid to late 1960s.  Key features are the short threaded barrel lug, lightening cut bolt carrier, milled trigger group, early bayonet lug style, and Cyrillic rear sight leaf.

Too bad it was cut down for the paratrooper, but it was in a local classified at a great price.

So, here it is.  No stock number, but otherwise matching metal.  Enjoy!

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Factory /106\ Paratrooper
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 09:04:07 AM »
nice, thanks for sharing.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 11:17:08 AM »
Very nice find! I’m unfamiliar with the stock marking. Maybe just the stockmakers mark? Hopefully one of our Mandarin speakers here or on GB can help.

I’ve never had a para length. Is the dwell time on these long enough to cycle with the same degree of reliability?

Offline martin08

• Marksman
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 12:05:30 PM »
Very nice find! I’m unfamiliar with the stock marking. Maybe just the stockmakers mark? Hopefully one of our Mandarin speakers here or on GB can help.

I’ve never had a para length. Is the dwell time on these long enough to cycle with the same degree of reliability?

The stock is a replacement, installed with the para build.  But that makers mark is a new one on me, as well.  It's pretty crisp.

On firing and cycling, every para I've ever shot has cycled just like the rest.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 03:15:09 PM »

I can't remember who, (pretty sure it was pcke2000), but a member here has stated that this is the stamp signaling either "Beijing" or 'capitol': .  There have been a good number of replacement Chinese stocks seen with this mark under the wrist.

Nice pickup M08, I was surprised to see this one wasn't a Navy Arms import, it seems like 99% of the /106\s I see are NA's imports.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 01:32:10 PM »
I checked with my Chinese co-worker. The stock stamp means "Jing", the name or trademark of the company. It is perhaps the family name of the company founders.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 05:51:04 PM »
I checked with my Chinese co-worker. The stock stamp means "Jing", the name or trademark of the company. It is perhaps the family name of the company founders.

Cool!  I keep seeing these show up for sale and wondered what that stamp meant.  I haven't seen one actually on a gun yet though. So would that be considered Chinese aftermarket rather than state production?

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 06:46:32 PM »

Cool!  I keep seeing these show up for sale and wondered what that stamp meant.  I haven't seen one actually on a gun yet though. So would that be considered Chinese aftermarket rather than state production?

I don't know for sure but it would seem it's at minimum a sub-contract to a "private" company so it would have had to been no earlier than the 1979 (start of Deng's economic reforms) and more likely later. Have these stocks only shown up on refurbished or commercially modified (like M08's paratrooper) SKSs?

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 03:00:37 PM »

I don't know for sure but it would seem it's at minimum a sub-contract to a "private" company so it would have had to been no earlier than the 1979 (start of Deng's economic reforms) and more likely later. Have these stocks only shown up on refurbished or commercially modified (like M08's paratrooper) SKSs?

I have only seen the stocks for sale on eBay....three maybe four times. This was the first time I have seen one on a gun.

Offline martin08

• Marksman
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 04:17:33 PM »
Well, the cleaning rod rattles around with each shot, and goes "jing, jing, jing, jing, jing....."

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 05:06:02 PM »
Well, the cleaning rod rattles around with each shot, and goes "jing, jing, jing, jing, jing....."

I have been so tempted to install a nut like on a Mosin to thread the rods in. But with that archaic thread pattern...you would have to sacrifice a Mosin stock to do it.  I am a little surprised the Russians deleted that feature with the SKS...it's not like you have to clean in a hurry.   It would be interesting to find out if the trials guns pre 49 had that or not.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 06:30:09 PM »
... with that archaic thread pattern...

"Archaic thread pattern" Hmm, sounds like some of the posts/threads around here  ;)  :))

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 07:28:32 PM »
... with that archaic thread pattern...

"Archaic thread pattern" Hmm, sounds like some of the posts/threads around here  ;)  :))

Well played sir, well played. :)

Offline eichenbergdj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 05:21:37 PM »
I just got this 1959 arsenal 26 para letter gun. all matching numbers except the stock.. With a M5808 serial number.  I absolutely love it!