Author Topic: Value inquiry  (Read 7548 times)

Offline Tudorp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Value inquiry
« on: May 13, 2015, 10:48:18 AM »
Ok guys. I need a little help. I have an "idea", but prices on this model tend to be all over the place. I have seen it as high as $900 (freaking nuts), to $400. Anybody know what a current value is for one of these?

This is a Navy Arms, , low round count, numbers matching "Cowboy Companion", with optional 5 round integral magazine, proper optional type 89 scope mount w/ proper Poly-Tech 2.5X18 scope. This one isn't for sale, as I just recently added it to my collection, but for my own database, like to put current values with it. Any help with a retail value on this would be appreciated.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Value inquiry
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 10:56:08 AM »
Xxxsks would be the man to ask, but Im guessing the $900 gun had the green wooden box etc?   With just the rifle sitting as it sits, I would guess $650

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Gator Monroe

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 11:56:19 AM »
that sling alone is worth 30.00$ plus  clap1

Offline Tudorp

• Cadet
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 11:57:06 AM »
Yes, Joe seems to be a encyclopedia for these things, lol. Actually, he is the one I got the type 89 mount from to help complete this CC.  No box with it, just as it sits. 

Offline Tudorp

• Cadet
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 11:58:36 AM »
   ??? That sling is the cheapest thing on it.. lol.. Its one I had laying around, and you can pick them up for under $10. I think I only gave $6 for this sling..  :))

Offline Gator Monroe

• Cadet
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 12:06:00 PM »
 But but its a cowboy companion sling lol rofl

Offline Tudorp

• Cadet
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 12:09:41 PM »
But but its a cowboy companion sling lol rofl

Oh yeah.. That.. I meant, it was $30.. lol

Offline Gator Monroe

• Cadet
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 12:14:49 PM »
More on Sling (Actually the pic makes the sling look brown ) if it is brown and has no leather tab on rear sling swivel end and its the 1/8th inch wider than the Green common sks Chinese sling it would attract attention at a funshow table even if it was unmarked without Chinese stampings... 

Offline Tudorp

• Cadet
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 12:17:38 PM »
It's black.  It's a $6 Ebay special actually. Had the D ring and leather on each end, but this one I took the leather off one end and made that end like a typical strap connection. I had it on a different rifle at some point. I think I had it on my bride's AR until she made a para cord sling for her AR, and then this one was laying around so I put in on the CC since I didn't have a sling on it yet.

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 03:31:53 PM »
Yeah that is a nice Cowboys Companion.  As is in the pics $550. If you had thr transit case and the big eye piece for the scope $650.

Thank you for posting 8)............Joe
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Offline Tudorp

• Cadet
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 03:46:01 PM »
Joe, I had read somewhere that the transit case didn't come with the cowboy companion, but did with the farmers friend. Is that true/false? The scope does have a rubber eye piece on it, but not the "cup" type I have seen on some.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 03:47:08 PM »
I was off by $100  !!!!!    :o

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Tudorp

• Cadet
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 03:58:31 PM »
I was off by $100  !!!!!    :o

No worries, that sling should make that $100 up. No problem  rofl. Actually, it doesn't really matter because it isn't for sale. I wouldn't take $650 for it. I'll hang onto it and maybe it will do nothing but appreciate. Most my guns were purchased with that in mind. Gives me something to leave my kids when I'm gone.

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 10:16:20 PM »
I am talking about the scope case

WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Offline Tudorp

• Cadet
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 07:04:46 AM »
I knew that's what ya meant. But I thought that the case didn't come with it if it was purchased with the CC.  Might be wrong there though. I am in search for a transit case anyway. I hope to find one...