Author Topic: Aftermarket trigger assembly  (Read 4269 times)

Offline padams8888

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
Aftermarket trigger assembly
« on: April 26, 2016, 12:01:11 AM »
I picked an aftermarket trigger assembly off of evilbay recently....the seller said the safety spring was broken......and yep, it was.....gone, actually. I order one....take the assembly apart and get it fit in there. Fixed that issue. Then, Once the hammer is cocked and the disconnector is partially depressed....I pull the trigger.....nadda...nothing. I'll fast forward a bunch and spare you the 2 1/2 hour trouble shooting session.....The hole drilled for the cross pin on the trigger bar is drilled too far forward and the OAL of the trigger bar is too long to properly engage the sear....WTH? Since these came in white cardboard boxes and not installed on rifles.....I can only assume that these were function checked before being sent out the door?? So I very slowly and gently file down the sear end of the trigger bar to attain the proper clearance and it works great. Changed out some springs in the process. This was my first dive into a trigger assembly and I have to tell ya.....I was intimidated before today....but these things are fairly damn simple and I'm now kicking my own a$$ for not doing this type of work sooner. I'm not adjusting engagement angles or anything crazy yet, but they are pretty fun to work on.....

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Aftermarket trigger assembly
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 12:30:00 AM »
Pretty neat Pat. Any idea who might have actually made that TG?  It sounds like the QC is about the same hit or miss as an NC star stripper clip.

I've never torn into a TG myself actually. I think I'm intimidated by all the small parts. One of these days I'm going to install an ambi safety in my mixmaster Alby truck gun though. I've been meaning to do it for years now but just haven't gotten around to it. Ahh well, one of these days!

Offline padams8888

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 12:48:23 AM »
Pretty neat Pat. Any idea who might have actually made that TG?  It sounds like the QC is about the same hit or miss as an NC star stripper clip.

I've never torn into a TG myself actually. I think I'm intimidated by all the small parts. One of these days I'm going to install an ambi safety in my mixmaster Alby truck gun though. I've been meaning to do it for years now but just haven't gotten around to it. Ahh well, one of these days!

Do it!! No time like the present....lol. Seriously....it is no sweat with the correct tools/small strong bench vise etc.
 No clue on manufacture...it is identical to this one..... http://www.keepshooting.com/sks-trigger-group.html

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 09:29:41 AM »
Always wondered about those units.  Thanks for sharing. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline padams8888

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 11:03:58 AM »
You bet.....