Author Topic: Three of my AK Chinese Family!  (Read 679 times)

Offline longhairlimy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Three of my AK Chinese Family!
« on: June 13, 2022, 10:39:58 PM »
Pulled out Chinese Family of AK's today for a Cleaning and oil. Milled Mak with an Ironwood set on her.(RIP Matt)Also Milled has it "Fags".. A Type 56 with odd markings. 56 has no "s" and safety with its odd markings. Then last Double folder NHM-90.Chinese AK's came with one of these best triggers.Have ran into folks selling them off and that nuts.I have a few that I bought up real cheap. This Type 56 from what I have found on the interweb was a prop from movie sets. Any info is good info to hear. Thanks.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 11:02:37 PM by longhairlimy »

Offline longhairlimy

• Newber
Re: Three of my AK Chinese Family!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 02:08:08 AM »
Has anyone on this site ever heard of an importer named "IDE ,McLean Va"? Can't find much. This milled Mak , was a Poly but got caught up on import. The only thing I can find is a guy named "Shun Tong Ent.Inc."

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 10:33:04 AM »
GM might know about that importer, it's up in his neck of the woods.

They were not an SKS importer (that I have seen anyhow and I've seen all the ones documented in our Chinese SKS importers thread: https://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=2111.0).

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 10:54:06 AM »
Very nice trio!  8) I agree about the triggers, my ban-era 1994 MAK-90 Sporter (in normal AKM wood) has a very consistent 4.56 lb trigger pull.

https://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=3604.0

I haven’t heard of IDE either but VA had Interarms and a few smaller importers around those east coast ports.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 08:45:39 PM »
Naw.. not really a port city.. Mclean is almost shoved right against DC.. the 3rd highest income city in the US.. Buncha pinkys out uppity in there..  RM's kinda place  rofl2 chuckles1

They only did the AK Hunter, Milled MAKs and some stamped as far as I know.

I dug.. I have kind of next to nothing on this one.. Makes me wonder if it didn't pop up, break the law and get shut down rather quick as most did, I mean the ATF is just across the Potomac... This particular... IDE import business real name is filed under Shun Tong Ent. inc.. pretty much a dead end, unless you want to go dig around the Mclean/Fairfax county public records office.. Fairfax has some weird thing with public records versus most other counties here. Now I never could exactly trace it to the other IDE in Southfield MI.. I worked on that a while.. and divorce happened.. Never got back to it.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline lowell66dart

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 03:13:57 PM »
Very nice. I have several AK’s from different countries but nothing from China. If my crop does good I may have to start looking for a Norinco. It would be a reunion thing in the safe with my two M1A’s.
I have to grow old but I don't have to grow up...

Offline longhairlimy

• Newber
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 04:50:38 PM »
Yes i too have several AK’s from different countries, I enjoy Ak's. Romanian,Bulgarian,Russian,Polish,Egypian and my Fav Chinese. Had a couple Yugo's but didn't like the Underfolder and the other i was offered a good price for it and let it go. Have a few Veprs still in box's that have zero range time. Couple Saiga's,one in 39 and other in 223. All in all I went after the Chinese because of heavy build and Blued finish. Turns out they have a real badass trigger. I carry a Rommie UF in my back pack when out in the woods. It's a safe bet when ya buy a chinese. The cost at this point is nuts.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 09:56:58 PM by Phosphorus32 »