Author Topic: The MDK  (Read 10956 times)

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
The MDK
« on: December 23, 2014, 09:32:36 AM »
Here is a RTI $149 Special numbers matching except the stock may have been replaced at some point, no numbers on it that I can find.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 12:47:22 PM by CARBINE »
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Holy Trench Art Batman
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 09:55:35 AM »
Ooooooooo ..  one of the 6digi /26\ rifles.   These are the least common of all the sub 1960 variations.   Thats worth $150 any day of the decade.   thumb1

Interesting trench art..   did they use the head of a bullet to trace those circles?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 10:04:42 AM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline scarymike23

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Cadet
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 10:06:34 AM »
I wonder if it wasn't someone either heating an empty case & using it to do some wood burning or someone just pushing the case mouth against the wood and tapping on it with a hammer or something like that. Carbine, can you tell if those circles are the same diameter as some kind of .30 case?

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 10:17:50 AM »
Reminds me of a kid doodling in school.  Heck the bolt, carrier and trigger group are worth what you paid, the rest is just gravy!  thumb1

I knew I'd regret not getting a couple of these, now I'm starting to feel the pangs!  chuckles1

You'd think that a spent 7.62x39 case would fit the bill for those circles.  It'll be interesting to see what Tony can find that would fit.  They might have been able to just push & twist, that replacement Alby wood is really soft (well some of mine are anyhow, they will take an indentation from just my fingernail)

Offline Marshall-law

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 10:20:09 AM »
That's cool! 150buck! It looks way better than the last B I got from CF. I'm hoping I get that lucky on the one I have coming from RTI. Congrats

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 10:23:32 AM »
Oh.. your right.   Looks more like an empty casing mouth was used huh.   Heck, I bet you could just press down and twist to achiev this effect. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 10:56:34 AM »
Man, that soldier/peasant/partisan/rebel must have been bored out if his skull. Thoughts just going 'round in circles in his head.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 11:12:49 AM »
Maybe they are kill marks.    :o

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 11:20:56 AM »

Yeah, thats not creepy at all ???
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 11:23:39 AM »
When I get off work I will do some investigating and see if a spent casing fits the bill...sounds plausable to me.

Offline jd?

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 11:31:20 AM »
When I see these rifles, and the condition they're in I'm thinkin, "just imagine what these guys BOOTS looked like!"  jd
I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.  Groucho Marx

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 12:41:45 PM »

Yeah, thats not creepy at all ???

Im calling it the MDK rifle.    ;)

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
Re: The MDK
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 12:54:19 PM »
There I changed the title.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 12:58:52 PM »
There I changed the title.

Murder-Death-Kill

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 01:16:36 PM »
Laugh!

BEEP "Loose{}Cannon, you have been fined 2 credits for violating the verbal morality code."

Phosphorus has gotta be right though, some poor schmuck on guard duty in front of a manure pile who had a ton of time on his hands.  Man, can you imagine what would have happened to the guy if a communist commander in some Iron Curtain country had found him doing that?  Drawn and quartered!  bat1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 01:27:27 PM »
Nah....  they are completely random with no real pattern.  I dont see this being done in one sitting, but rather over a period of time.  Prolly involved in some mass murder of Christians in some small village.    :-X

Offline scarymike23

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Cadet
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 02:03:24 PM »
Reminds me of a kid doodling in school.  Heck the bolt, carrier and trigger group are worth what you paid, the rest is just gravy!  thumb1

I knew I'd regret not getting a couple of these, now I'm starting to feel the pangs!  chuckles1
You could always ease those pangs with a Mosin! Axis Arms has some nice looking Type 53s for $129.  8)

http://axisarmsonline.com/Rifles/C-and-R-Rifles/Chinese-Mosin-Nagant-Type-53

Online Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 02:11:25 PM »
Those look a little big for a 7.62 cartridge...more like 9mm or .45

If those are kills....damn. 

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »
Those look a little big for a 7.62 cartridge...more like 9mm or .45

If those are kills....damn.

Honestly, now that you say that I do think they are bigger than 7.62 but I'm going off memory and that doesnt mean squat, mabey there from the gas tube, or are the marks way to small for that do you think? I guess I'll just have to wait and see....darn work gets in the way of everything ::)

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 02:45:42 PM »

You could always ease those pangs with a Mosin! Axis Arms has some nice looking Type 53s for $129.  8)

http://axisarmsonline.com/Rifles/C-and-R-Rifles/Chinese-Mosin-Nagant-Type-53

If there like the one in the photo that would be a good deal!!