Author Topic: Year of Manufacture? 0dd /666\ serial numbers  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Year of Manufacture? 0dd /666\ serial numbers
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2022, 09:52:24 PM »
would this be a ghost sks GB 920416293

No. That would be a 1992 commercially repurposed  carbine.

Possibly a scrub and restamp, or newly assembled rifle made up of leftover, OEM parts

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2022, 11:41:52 AM »
Didn't the /666\ Worm had (is that the one you wound up with?) have a super early CAI ST A VT import stamp?  I remember that Mitch was certain that gun was an IC based on his research but it was so different in arsenal and S/N from the typical year 8 and 12 /26\ guns with laminate stocks and dual bayo slots commonly considered IC guns that the idea never gained much traction in the community and he never pushed it all that hard.    dntknw1

I’m pretty darn sure that /666\ I sold GM was an IC. That import mark doesn’t show itself often & the wear n’ tear + the red replacement stock give me them IC vibes. That gun is one of the coolest SKSs I’ve touched. Awesome patina & deep /666\ strike. GM, if you ever sell, I want her back. Haha

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2022, 12:45:38 PM »
Hey Mitch, long time no see!  :P  Do you still have any SKSs left?

Asking if GM is going to sell a gun is pretty close to blasphemy I think.  You'd better beg for forgiveness and maybe buy something he suggests as a small token of appeasing him.  Otherwise he's liable to go into full enabler mode and we simply can't have that around here these days!  chuckles1

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2022, 01:42:00 PM »
Hey Mitch, long time no see!  :P  Do you still have any SKSs left?

Asking if GM is going to sell a gun is pretty close to blasphemy I think.  You'd better beg for forgiveness and maybe buy something he suggests as a small token of appeasing him.  Otherwise he's liable to go into full enabler mode and we simply can't have that around here these days!  chuckles1

Haha yeah, I’ll never see that gun again  :P

Nope! No SKSs left unfortunately. Moved back over to AK’s. I’m sure the bug will bite me again in no time. Hope all is well RM!

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2022, 02:27:06 PM »
Didn't the /666\ Worm had (is that the one you wound up with?) have a super early CAI ST A VT import stamp?  I remember that Mitch was certain that gun was an IC based on his research but it was so different in arsenal and S/N from the typical year 8 and 12 /26\ guns with laminate stocks and dual bayo slots commonly considered IC guns that the idea never gained much traction in the community and he never pushed it all that hard.    dntknw1

I’m pretty darn sure that /666\ I sold GM was an IC. That import mark doesn’t show itself often & the wear n’ tear + the red replacement stock give me them IC vibes. That gun is one of the coolest SKSs I’ve touched. Awesome patina & deep /666\ strike. GM, if you ever sell, I want her back. Haha

I was in love with that SKS. I would've bought that thing a split second. I drooled everytime I saw your account photo.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2022, 01:20:11 AM »
Work outta town and get outta touch with reality for a few weeks, Mitch shows up and ya'll loose your fricken minds..  rofl  start talking about GM selling.. :o  heck is wrong with ya'll, did ya slip on ice and hit your heads.. brain freeze..  rofl2

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2022, 09:16:22 AM »

I was in love with that SKS. I would've bought that thing a split second. I drooled everytime I saw your account photo.

Sorry brother. I’m sure GM will sell it to you if you ask politely  :))

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2022, 09:16:51 AM »
Work outta town and get outta touch with reality for a few weeks, Mitch shows up and ya'll loose your fricken minds..  rofl  start talking about GM selling.. :o  heck is wrong with ya'll, did ya slip on ice and hit your heads.. brain freeze..  rofl2

How you been bud?!  :)

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2022, 07:39:20 PM »

Sorry brother. I’m sure GM will sell it to you if you ask politely  :))

The rumor is that GM sells guns like RM collects Mosins.  nea1