Author Topic: SVT 40 value estimate???  (Read 1513 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
SVT 40 value estimate???
« on: February 08, 2023, 11:02:37 AM »
Hi guys, thinking of possibly trading my SVT for an Auto Ordinance 1927A1 Thompson. Any guesses on what the SVT may be worth these days? Thanks, PAX

You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: SVT 40 value estimate???
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 12:06:28 PM »
2-3K. Looks like a refurbished SVT-40 in good condition. Other factors in determining rarity and value would be how many numbers match, year, arsenal, presence or/not of scope rail grooves and notch, bore and gas system condition.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 12:50:56 PM »
Looks to be a '43 on up.  I also has an SVT-38 magazine.  Nice weapon.  I agree with P32.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 02:07:38 PM »
It's a '41 refurb forced match, SVT 38 mag. I'm leaning towards not trading as there are plenty of Thompsons about, SVT not so much. Will be tough to replace. PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 10:35:09 PM »
 thumb1

Offline larm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 01:24:20 AM »
nice rifle, hows it shoot?

54r in semi auto would make my day

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 12:39:32 PM »
It's a '41 refurb forced match, SVT 38 mag. I'm leaning towards not trading as there are plenty of Thompsons about, SVT not so much. Will be tough to replace. PAX

Good plan. I’d want 500-1000 cash plus a new Thompson.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/962580594

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2023, 09:37:02 PM »
Thompsons are fun, definitely boner worthy...  thumb1 rofl but come with some caveats, as an owner, let me explain.... there's 2 different styles of Thompsons...... one accepts the drums, the other doesn't.. and let me tell ya first hand.. a drum ain't cheap, the 50rd price will cause some heartburn at $375ish, the 100rd drum, you almost puke in your mouth.... you could buy a Chinese SKS and probably 250rd-500rds of ammo for the cost of a 100rd drum.. around $750ish...  and don't think you'll be cheap and buy a faux cheesy 10rd drum, for $50 more dollars you could just get the 50rd. Not to mention.. the drum is a PIA to attach, they have a small device or tool, called the third hand to help get it attached, cause you fricken need 4 hands.. This wasn't an issue on the originals, because they were open bolt by design, not closed bolt semiauto..    another highlight....  the rifle with a 100rd drum loaded is 17pounds.. gluttony at it's finest... one with a 50rd drum is just over 14pounds. Even stick mags ain't cheap about 80ish a piece, the 20 and 30rd stick mags work fine for the most part though........ It's also kind of a PIA to clean too...   

But, Auto Ordinance is owned my Kahr..  the same people who own Magnum Research, the BFR drool2 and the Desert Eagle drool2..... as a person who owns 2 Desert Eagles and a Kahr made Thompson.. they some fricken expensive toys.  rofl2 dance2

GM's opinion and $.0000002 worth... :o keep and sit on the SVT..  buy a High Point 45acp carbine and wear it out.. The SVT ain't ever gonna loose it's value. thumb1
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 09:50:03 PM by Greasemonkey »
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2023, 08:18:11 PM »
PAX, I wouldn't trade my SVT for a Thompson. JMO

Offline BMont

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2023, 04:52:26 PM »
Maybe find another one to trade for the Thompson.  That one looks like it would be hard to replace especially if you have a nice bore.  IMHO

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2023, 10:45:13 PM »
Don't do it....keep the SVT.  Just buy a Thompson after saving some pennies.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2023, 11:28:05 PM »
No Tommy gun for me. I'll have to be content with the Scott Werks kit. SVTs are too boss and hard to replace. PAX
  You need a crew