Author Topic: East German Karabiner-S  (Read 13487 times)

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
Re: East German Karabiner-S
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 07:40:07 PM »
There were two stock lengths for LOP.  One was the standard  at approx 12-3/8", and a longer one at 12-3/4".  Yours looks like the longer one, but let us know.  Great acquisition!

Martin...I got 12.75 from the front center of the trigger to the end of the metal butt plate, going back parallel to the receiver.

Offline martin08

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 11:32:43 PM »
You got the long one, which I also have.  Mine is also numbered horizontally.  I also once had a short one which was not numbered at all.

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2015, 12:41:10 AM »
 dance2 Great find Power Surge ! That should make the SkS hall of fame on the first try this year  clap1  Great picture package & Props to you on your purchase.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2015, 12:38:18 AM »
Martin, what's your take on EG slings? I have been researching them up and down and it just seems there is no one specific sling. I have seen ones with buckles on the stock end, ones with rivets on the stock end, and ones with stitched knots on the stock ends. And then with the stitched knots, I have seen single stitched and double stitched.

It almost looks like there wasn't a specific sling made for this gun alongside production. Seems like they were afterthoughts and used whatever was available at the time.

Offline martin08

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2015, 08:55:01 AM »
The following link shows a sling which I picked up a couple of years ago.  It is East German, but is it a perfect fit?  Not  entirely.  I believe that your assessment of several different options is correct.

http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=10458