Author Topic: 10 Million /26\  (Read 11163 times)

Offline escobert

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Re: 10 Million /26\
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 12:45:35 PM »
What wood is used for these stocks?
"Stella quarta decima fulgeat. May the 14th star shine bright."

Article 16th. Right to bear arms; standing armies; military power subordinate to civil -  Vermont Constitution

That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State - and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 03:10:03 PM »
楸树, qiu shu wood. Commonly known in the firearms community as "chu wood".

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 03:27:22 PM »
Gesundheit.
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline escobert

• Cadet
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 05:41:33 PM »
Cool, thanks! Is Chu the only wood that was used on Chinese or do different years have differing wood types?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 05:51:15 PM by escobert »

Article 16th. Right to bear arms; standing armies; military power subordinate to civil -  Vermont Constitution

That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State - and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2015, 06:16:06 PM »
We really should say 'everyone on the web says that the Chinese stocks are made from chu/catalpa.'  I've never actually seen a primary source that unequivocally states this as well as showing the evidence to collaborate the conclusion. I'm not saying it's wrong, just that it's been regurgitated so often throughout the web that I really want to verify things before I put the RM stamp of approval on it. :)   There are too many rumors taken as fact out there for my liking.  :-\

Coincidentally we actually have a US Forestry service lab lined up and three stock samples ready to send in.  I'm allowed four samples in one submission, so I've been holding out for another stock, but it's been six months now and I've missed out on some great deals on eBay that would have been perfect.  Maybe I just need to get off my rear and send what I have in and see if they can determine genus and species (supposedly the larger/more samples, the more accurate they can be)

Offline escobert

• Cadet
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2015, 06:25:57 PM »
That's pretty cool! It'll be interesting to hear/see what the results are. I was just doing a quick search on Chu Wood and there's not a ton of info out there on it, just that everything Chinese "has it".

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2015, 07:13:10 PM »
Lemme know when we sending off.. Dont forget I have like 5

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2015, 07:22:14 PM »
Lemme know when we sending off.. Dont forget I have like 5

Just send them off already!!
The suspense is killing us.... chuckles1
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 07:36:15 PM by Loose}{Cannon »
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2015, 07:37:07 PM »
We 'were' waiting on a confirmed ghost stock and a russian.   banghead2

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.