Author Topic: SKS Extractor Spring help  (Read 18233 times)

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
SKS Extractor Spring help
« on: November 06, 2014, 09:32:01 AM »
So I had the bolt tore apart on one of my "ghost" sks's last night and the extractor spring decided to disappear.  banghead1  I thought no big deal I will order one from Numrich. Well I go to their website and they are sold out. Any other suggestions where I can order one online?
I did find this website, but never heard of them before, and they charge $8 shipping for a $3 spring.

http://dpharms.com/products/sks_parts/sks_extractor_spring_new.html

Any help would be awesome.
Thanks
Brian

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: SKS Extractor Spring help
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 09:56:13 AM »
May try murray.....   he wont rape on shipping

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 10:49:50 AM »
If Murray doesn't have it, you might try these guys.  No idea what shipping costs, but the price is right:

Omega Weapons Systems (520) 889-8895

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 11:12:25 AM »

Thanks LC, I sent him a message.

If Murray doesn't have it, you might try these guys.  No idea what shipping costs, but the price is right:

Omega Weapons Systems (520) 889-8895

RM I emailed Omega and they said in stock plus $3 shipping. I am trying to figure out how to order with out mailing them a check. It says no over the phone or website orders. Who does that these days? I don't have much patience for snail mail.  :)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 11:17:29 AM »
Good pricing and shipping fees at omega, but its a one man show and he is a very slow senior citizen.  May take a while to receive along with a reminder or two.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 11:35:25 AM »
Take extractor spring from other sks to hardware store.

get new spring. lol

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 12:06:06 PM »

get new spring. lol
Have you had much success doing this? Or just a suggestion?

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 12:30:50 PM »

Heard back from Murray, and they don't currently have any.

We are trying to get Wolff to make some for us but haven’t received any samples to approve, though repeated requests have been made. Walt is a very busy man and we’re just trying to be patient so we can obtain the best gun spring we can for our customers. We’ll send an email when this finally comes to pass. (hopefully sooner than later)

Guess I will go with Omega and hopefully it shows up before 2015.  rofl

Offline Adam7

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 12:38:29 PM »
Omega is my secret place to get sks parts... Go away!!  He only takes a check through the mail.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 01:29:49 PM »

get new spring. lol

It shouldn't be that tough to do.  I'll pull one of mine, calculate a spring constant and measure the diameter and uncompressed length and see what I can find on McMaster Carr.  Once we find it, we'll stick the P/N in the FAQ as the "Adam and Brian magical replacement extractor spring!" 

There's absolutely no reason these things should be this hard to find!  silly1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 01:51:15 PM »
Yea, no kidding, millions of these rifles, and yet, nobody has this one goofy spring. I'm sure in a far away land in a rat infested, crack whore over run, pimp palace warehouse is a big azz box of extractor springs.

Until then the magical replacement extractor spring, with added bonus parts thumb1
http://www.royaltigerimports.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SKSK0045&CartID=1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 01:59:13 PM »
Something to consider though it isn't much help at the moment Brian. My wife ordered a spring kit (10 springs I think @ $25) a while back off eBay to replace springs in some of our guns. Shipping was free.

In fact I plan to order at least one more to have on hand!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 02:03:21 PM »
+10

get new spring. lol

It shouldn't be that tough to do.  I'll pull one of mine, calculate a spring constant and measure the diameter and uncompressed length and see what I can find on McMaster Carr.  Once we find it, we'll stick the P/N in the FAQ as the "Adam and Brian magical replacement extractor spring!" 

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 02:06:44 PM »

DANGED GOOD idea  clap1

These little critters are very hard to find, I've searched several sites with no luck and I'm finding out the spring kits do not include this spring.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:39:07 PM by Dannyboy53 »

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 02:14:55 PM »

That would be awesome RM, maybe I can round something up this weekend. I went ahead and sent my check off to Omega. I ordered two, so I can put one away to forget where at when I have another bonehead accident. We will see when it shows up.

Yea, no kidding, millions of these rifles, and yet, nobody has this one goofy spring. I'm sure in a far away land in a rat infested, crack whore over run, pimp palace warehouse is a big azz box of extractor springs.

Until then the magical replacement extractor spring, with added bonus parts thumb1
http://www.royaltigerimports.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SKSK0045&CartID=1

GM- I already ordered on of those for $179 last week, I must of known I was going to need some parts... rofl

Something to consider though it isn't much help at the moment Brian. My wife ordered a spring kit (10 springs I think @ $25) a while back off eBay to replace springs in some of our guns. Shipping was free.

In fact I plan to order at least one more to have on hand!

Danny, do you have a link to this spring kit off ebay? I looked through there this morning, and I could find a extractor spring, but it came with and extractor and a bolt... :o

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 03:23:10 PM »
Danny, do you have a link to this spring kit off ebay? I looked through there this morning, and I could find a extractor spring, but it came with and extractor and a bolt... :o

Brian this is the only one I see right now, the one we bought a few months ago was $24.99 with free shipping. Mary does all the ordering and no longer has that link, apparently the price has gone up like every danged thing else!

But I'll keep looking.

SKS Rifle Spring Rehab Kit | eBay

Additional: I just went back and looked at the list of springs and it says nothing about an ejector spring.

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 04:02:19 PM »
Thanks Danny, probably wouldn't hurt to have one of those kits on hand, but like you mentioned I don't see the extractor spring listed. I might just tear my garage apart tonight in the general direction the spring went.  :o

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 04:56:34 PM »
Thanks Danny, probably wouldn't hurt to have one of those kits on hand, but like you mentioned I don't see the extractor spring listed. I might just tear my garage apart tonight in the general direction the spring went.  :o

Novel idea, I did that once or twice :o, rofl rofl2 chuckles1 found all kinds of goodies, spares, . I found my chainsaw and even had a Cummins cylinder head core buried out there.  rofl
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 05:06:12 PM »

get new spring. lol

Yesterday, I literally just bought a new disconnector spring for an ak at true value hardware down the road from me. I had to crimp the ends and belt sand it down a tiny tad but that's all, good as new.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 05:10:49 PM »
(Note to self)

Thoroughly check every single sping in the rifle I received from Worm..