Author Topic: New NC Star SKS gas tube  (Read 4385 times)

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
New NC Star SKS gas tube
« on: October 09, 2014, 01:32:37 PM »
Found this cruising around on eBay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NcStar-Sks-Gas-Tube-Picatinny-Rail-Scope-Mount-With-Two-Side-Rails-/251672394918?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a98d7fca6

Anything has got to be better than the previous version of their tube...it at least looks a little nicer.

The rails on the side might lend to the thing holding still at least....I have one of the originals, and the side to side sway from having no contact with the stock was so bad I just removed the goofy rail and use it when I don't want to mess with an original tube's pin.

EDIT:  Found on NC Star's site, it appears that there are set screws for a secure mounting.

http://www.ncstar.com/product/product-detail.aspx?ModelNo=MSKSV2&GroupNo=0

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
Re: New NC Star SKS gas tube
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 02:52:12 PM »
This looks pretty promising. It would be great for a red dot or a Holographic sight. All gas tubes (originals, Tapcos and NcStars) rock side to side. This mount looks like it will eliminate the rock. I am gonna have to get me one. I don't think it will have the capability to rezero in a scope application but it is a set in the right direction.

8).......................................Joe
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 03:14:47 PM »
This looks pretty promising. It would be great for a red dot or a Holographic sight. All gas tubes (originals, Tapcos and NcStars) rock side to side. This mount looks like it will eliminate the rock. I am gonna have to get me one. I don't think it will have the capability to rezero in a scope application but it is a set in the right direction.

Joe I'm anxious to hear how it works for ya, I might have to get one for Mary and dump the cover mount. Looks like it would work out better for her Reflex sight.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 04:03:44 PM »

Joe I'm anxious to hear how it works for ya, I might have to get one for Mary and dump the cover mount. Looks like it would work out better for her Reflex sight.

+1 on the anxiousness to hear some results, money is a little tight, and even a small purchase such as this is getting the 'glare of despair' from the wife...as she reminds me of the pile of aftermarket junk I have accumulated and do not use.   I currently have both a red dot and a reflex mounted on somewhat questionable receiver mounts...I would prefer to have them mounted forward, and these actually look pretty cool, and probably cooler without the side rails.  I wonder how long the threading for the set screws will hold up too.

If anyone pulls the trigger, please post here asap.  :)