Author Topic: East Coast Blizzard  (Read 12862 times)

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: East Coast Blizzard
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 02:09:45 PM »
Laff....    I just went out back to shoot the 1911 and milled AK.   Sweating my balls off.   :o

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 02:13:08 PM »
We had two big ones back in '09-'10, 70 couple inches between two storms 3 weeks apart. bat1 But being me,

I keep 5500 pounds of "I HATE SNOW" cure tucked away. She is an oldie, but a goodie  thumb1, throw some chains on it, hit the key, it's a cold fun time.

Sweet! My old '58 Massey Ferguson loader/backhoe doesn't handle snow that well. 2wd and old/leaky with a perpetually dead battery. I tend to give it winters off. I dunno, I may have to see if she will fire up later in the week but she's buried in snow at the moment.
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 02:16:44 PM »
  Sweating my balls off.   :o

bat1 bat1 Wwwaaaahhhhhh, poor baby.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 02:34:23 PM »
Its horrible...  had to come in and lay on the floor under the ceiling fan.   ???

Its actually 78 degrees now.   :(

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 02:56:30 PM »
Hey Carl (in CT) I'm glad to hear it isn't as bad as the weather forecasters thought. The weather people sure are taking a big hit in the news about missing the mark. I don't know why people are upset, being wrong predicting weather isn't unusual!

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 05:11:45 PM »
Hey Carl (in CT) I'm glad to hear it isn't as bad as the weather forecasters thought. The weather people sure are taking a big hit in the news about missing the mark. I don't know why people are upset, being wrong predicting weather isn't unusual!

Well, they didn't miss it too far east of the CT river. I took the snowmobile out, got stuck a few times, and walked around. It is consistently knee deep of better with my big boots on. So that's right around 24-28 inches in a 24 hour span. People west of the river are used to getting the most because it's common for the storms to track closer so we get some sleet/freezing rain mixing in this side of the river. Honestly some of them make it into a penis measuring contest and they get pissy when we get more over here every once in a while.

My snowmobile is not new (1998 I think) but it's a 3 cylinder 600 cc so it has some get up and go so getting it stuck shows how deep the powder is. Luckily I was able to get it unstuck and make some paths for the kids to ride it on. My wife took the snowblower into the horse pen to make some paths. The two horses get around ok but the poor mini pony was litterally up to her belly in snow. She gets on the others' nerves when she's underfoot so it's best that she has places to go.  :)
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2015, 04:25:50 PM »
Here's some pics...

Our dog Olive needs to go pee but not this way.

Cleanup underway, Olive feels better.

Don't mind the primer, I resided the back and one side of the house in the summer and ran out of time to paint. Probably have to shovel off the roof this weekend.  :(

Our horses, Truman the black and white gelding, Missy the sorrel mare and April the mini pony.

Truman always the curious one. This is his first New England winter, he is from Alabama. He doesn't seem to mind it too much.

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 07:16:18 PM »
Nice pics Carl...     Iike the critters!

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2015, 01:29:43 PM »
Very nice, Mary and I enjoyed the photos of the critters also Carl...we have horses too!

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2015, 02:29:12 PM »
We are fairly new to owning horses and only have been able to because of good friends who have helped us learn and found us fantastic deals on our horses. We can't afford what most people are asking.

Truman came to us last spring as a semi-rescue. Our friends were in Florida on business and found him in Alabama. He was skinny but big, flashy, with a sound mind and only 10 years old. He seemed to have been loved as he doesn't have a mean bone in his body but the owners could not afford to keep him so he was headed to auction in PA. Our friends called in a favor from the owner of the auction so they held him out of the auction for us and we got him for a good price (almost nothing). It didn't take long for him to get over his shipping fever during quarantine and he is now healthy and happy and not skinny anymore. He's a fast mover, won't be a western horse, his walk is faster than Missy's canter.

Missy is 15 and has done many shows as a registered quarter horse. She is a doll, very loving and calm horse. Her owner kind of dumped her because she just wanted a new horse so we got her for a good price too. She is healthy as, well as a horse, she just had a fickle owner who wasn't particularly loyal to her horses.

Little April is a 6 year old mini pony. She was free (of course there is no such thing as a free animal), just looking for a home after her companion died. She can be a punk at times (ponies) but overall she is sweet and smart. I had to put up the electric fence for her because she kept escaping.