Author Topic: My New Bear repellent for this years trout season  (Read 6509 times)

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
My New Bear repellent for this years trout season
« on: May 05, 2018, 12:15:52 AM »
Accually I bought 3 New Glocks from a Vet selling some of his collection. As the headlines says, Bear repellent. This is what ill be packing on the upper Sacramento River to protect my Trout from Bears rofl.. I also bought a Glock 21 and Glock 20. I plan on selling one of my sons the G20 10 mm because the G21 can be a G20 with a BBL and spring swap. Also got a bag full of extra mags for all 3 hand guns.. The guns are all in 10 day jail still.. All Gen 3. Got a great deal and both the seller and I use the same FFl dealer so it just made things so easy and life is good ..

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: My New Bear repellent for this years trout season
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 08:11:46 AM »
Oh yeah..  thumb110mm, I loves that round, no real need for a 45 when you have the 10. I have the G20, G30, and a G31.  Been trying to get a G20, but... I want a Gen 2 version.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 08:41:53 AM »
nice pick-up, a Glock is on my want list.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 09:38:56 AM »
Oh yeah..  thumb110mm, I loves that round, no real need for a 45 when you have the 10. I have the G20, G30, and a G31.  Been trying to get a G20, but... I want a Gen 2 version.

GM why the gen 2 G20 ?  Whats the difference ? Not joking : )   And where you buying 10mm ammo ? 

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 11:08:32 AM »
I meant I've been trying to get the G21 in 2nd gen. Damn... I shouldn't post before my coffee injection and first nicotine stick. rofl I have a 2nd gen G20 and a S&W 1006, I prefer the non finger groove grip design on the older Glocks.   Another reason I want the G21, so I can play with 45 Super or get a 460 Rowland conversion barrel.

As for ammo I have easy access locally for it, and I've bought a bunch from a local gunboard. Bought 800rds of S&B for just over 200bucks a few weeks ago.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 02:28:56 PM by Greasemonkey »

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 04:22:24 PM »
Nice!  thumb1 I’d want a hi-cap mag in bear country  :o

The only Glock I own is the 30 (.45acp). I need something in 10mm. GM keeps extolling the virtues of the cartridge. Maybe a Bren Ten to get my feet wet  rofl

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 11:19:51 PM »
 rofl

That should work!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 03:42:58 AM »
Bren Ten...  Oh my.... We wants it, we needs it.. I'm having Miami Vice flashbacks now.. cue up some Glenn Frey, Phil Collins... 
You know Jon... 10mm is good, even Coolio sang about it in Gangstas Paradise..  chuckles1
Got my ten in my hand and a gleam in my eye

High caps.. oh yea.. I got like....eerrrr, quiet a few 15 rounders for it.. I even have few of those liberal 10 rounders that won't hurt anyone, but anymore ammo than that in the magazine is lethal and borderline a-salt weaponish like. chuckles1

I would think a plain jane 10rd mag full of Buffalo Bore or Underwood 220gr hard cast would be a plenty for.. a bear or whatever happens to pester you. If nothing else, what ever is on the receiving end is going to have a very, very bad day.. thumb1

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 04:54:31 PM »
I meant I've been trying to get the G21 in 2nd gen. Damn... I shouldn't post before my coffee injection and first nicotine stick. rofl I have a 2nd gen G20 and a S&W 1006, I prefer the non finger groove grip design on the older Glocks.   Another reason I want the G21, so I can play with 45 Super or get a 460 Rowland conversion barrel.

As for ammo I have easy access locally for it, and I've bought a bunch from a local gunboard. Bought 800rds of S&B for just over 200bucks a few weeks ago.

You mean that clear stuff in your Kerr Jar and a Non filter...  Hopfully Tuesday ill get em and post up pictures of all 3. Dude has a couple more Glocks in 40 Cal with a nice price tag on them but that means Top Rawman for the next couple of months. I gotta figure out this 10mm food thing yet. My ffl says he accepts it from internet sales but hasnt decided what to charge me..

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 05:25:16 PM »
I admit it... against warnings and such.. I did fire a box of 40S&W in the 10mm. I had no issues, but like any, here, hold my beer and watch this disclaimer, I won't advocate it.  It falls under... if'en you gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough.

I thought about a G22.. but, why, I have the G20... does everything the latter will do, and then some. Or, just get a.. G22 barrel...or a G31 barrel(I gots one of them already)... or a 9x23 Win.. or 9x25 Dillon.. or 400 Corbon. rofl

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2018, 05:54:44 PM »
Yea so many options. I was happy with my G22 til I watched some youtube videos of the G20.  :))  The Damn bullett just travles so fast !! Amazing compared to even the G21.. Its like  sh*t god blam get off your as* and JAM !! Ok never even shot a 10mm.. Thats all about to change ..
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 06:05:10 PM by Direct Connection »

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 10:57:45 PM »
Seen one you seen em all : ) I guess my testosterone levels are taking over at the moment ha ha ha .. Here they are . As the op says .. Bought 3 Glocks never fired in a package deal a few weeks ago and just picked them up at my FFL.. G21, 20 & 29.. Pics.. Archie explains the main reason for the purchase.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 08:24:32 PM by Direct Connection »

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 11:36:16 AM »
Nice.. all matching generation.. Gen 3s.  thumb1   uuummmm 10mm...... x2 drool2 drool2   Just shoot'em already. :)

My G20 is a Gen 2..which was what I was after...I'm looking for the Gen 2 G21 now, the difference between the 2 generations is pretty easy to see. The Gen 2 has none of that fancy grip finger grooves stuff, or the tactikool front rail or thumb rests, it's just an old school, high capacity hammer. :) A 4th Gen would have the same Gen 3 style grip, but have changeable adjustable grip back straps, and typically a different style recoil spring setup.

You can even run the G20/G21 magazines in the G29/G30, but not the other way around though. For the G21 or even a G30... in .45acp, it's hard to beat it in capacity, you essentially have 2 1911 magazines shoved in one handgun.

Are you allowed the factory 15 and 13 rd mags, or do you still have to make due with factory 10 or less mags. I picked up several factory 13rd G21 mags and stuck grip extensions on them for my big paws, I have been using them in my G30. It had a 9rd and 2 10rd mags with it when I got it.

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 08:06:16 PM »
Good luck finding your Gen 2 GM. And thanks for the mag info. So the longer mags will work in the shorter gun but not the other way : )  To be honest if these were Gen2's "I steal" would have bought em at the price I paid.  clap1.. But in the end , mostly because of you I still spent gobs of coin !! Ha ha ha ha .. Still eating Ramen bro.. Why wouldn't you want a gen 3 and at least have the option of a lazer ? .. Extra mags. And I one factory 10 in ea gun..Not Pictured..

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 08:38:29 PM »
So the longer mags will work in the shorter gun but not the other way

sure enough.. thumb1

Why wouldn't you want a gen 3 and at least have the option of a lazer ?

I have 2 Gen 3's a G31 and the G30.. I like to put my fingers where I want them....not where the grip wants or thinks they should to go. Besides...nobody wants the Gen2's.....so they are cheaper, probably because everyone wants the latest and greatest..to me, the Gen2 works just as well as a Gen5 9mm I shot.

A laser...  :o rofl2  I have one on my 380 BodyGuard...it's shows you how much you really shake, specially after a pot or 3 of coffee. I'm like a cat...chase the red dot  senil1 and I still cant and ain't hit that fricken thing. To me..it's like sharks with lasers.  rofl2  I have had better luck with an optic on a handgun than a laser too.

But in the end , mostly because of you I still spent gobs of coin !! Ha ha ha ha .. Still eating Ramen bro..

Be still my beating heart... I'm glad I ENABLED errr..uhmmm...helped you.   Really want good drop free mags... hit them with some ArmorAll. :)  And Ramen ain't bad... I like the chicken ones with the little flavor packets. :) the shrimp one.....SUCKS!! Go get a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly, and a loaf of bread, whip yourself up some good 'ol choke and slide samiches.

So, now... whip yourself up a bowl of Ramen..load that sucker and shoot it till empty, eat noodles, load and repeat. rofl

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2018, 10:30:08 AM »
I too realize I really don't need a laser on a handgun....in a high stress situation, I don't need to potentially have a seizure trying to follow the dot.  It would be nice for a light vs. a laser to have a rail.  I wish my 9mm had one for that purpose....I was able to fit a laser to it, but dang if I don't look like Don Knotts trying to aim it.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 02:47:05 PM »
Old topic... I know.. :)

Good luck finding your Gen 2 GM.

I tried.. No go on a Gen 2 G21 locally after a year... so the next best thing popped up last week, a bastard child, a Gen 2.5 Glock 21.....   Its from around the  early mid '95 time frame, it predates the front rail, just like a Gen 2, but has the finger grips like a Gen 3. Only other added feature on this one is night sights, and with the 6 magazines, it included a neat novelty, a '94 AWB restricted LEO/GOVT use only magazine  ::)

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2019, 03:28:50 PM »
In Texas, no 10 day wait. If you have a CHL, pay for it, flll out the form give it back to the guy, no call in necessary, leave with your new toy. No CHL, he calls it in. You pass and leave with your new toy.
Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2019, 03:47:11 PM »
In Texas, no 10 day wait. If you have a CHL, pay for it, flll out the form give it back to the guy, no call in necessary, leave with your new toy. No CHL, he calls it in. You pass and leave with your new toy.
Marcus

Pretty much the same way in Virginia.. but we don't discriminate, everyone fills out the forms... so you fill out the forms, wait 5 minutes, approved or declined and either way out the door ya go, with or without your toy......  things can get interesting if it's declined. :o  I have heard of a "pending" status.... or whats called being in gun buyers limbo..

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2019, 11:39:48 PM »
Thats a nice one GM thumb1 So yeah I see the features of the Gen 3 with no laser rail on the bottom but is 2.5 a joke ? or did someone do some upgrades.? or is this a factory set up ?  Looks like new ! I was lerking around sportsmans superstore the other day and they had many glocks and I believe there were some gen 2s.. Only pistol of late for my gun fix is a little Bersa Firestorm 380 : )  Havent shot it yet nea1