Author Topic: My "Custom" Farmer's friend.  (Read 3399 times)

Offline teddybear1848

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
My "Custom" Farmer's friend.
« on: February 11, 2017, 08:51:42 PM »
I had recently purchased a farmers friend with no scope mount or rail and a beat stock so I took an ATI stock and notched it out for a type 89 rail, dilled the pull back lever hole into the rail and then used a steel type 89 sharpshooter/ cowboy companion mount with a rare BZM-1 scope. What do you all think?

"Is that actually a bucket of cat litter or is it 7.62 Nato?" - My better half.

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Re: My "Custom" Farmer's friend.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 01:02:29 AM »
The scope mount looks good.

I've heard that the bayo mounted bipods can bend the barrel under certain circumstances, so I took mine off. I've modified it and mounted it to the stock.

Do this to your ATI Drag. Will look less contraptiony without the risers at the fore arm, then remove receiver nub, and slightly channel to allow for the receiver cover to be easily removed. I've tried a few different HGs, Choate 2 slot, no slot, & cheese grater, but I like the ATIs appearance best. PAX

You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 01:48:57 AM »
I've heard that the bayo mounted bipods can bend the barrel under certain circumstances, so I took mine off. I've modified it and mounted it to the stock.

Circumstances like?  Burning through tons of ammo getting the barrel hot? Dropping it? I can see the effect of dicking barrel harmonics up causing accuracy issues, worse than it already is. Never heard this, it takes quite a bit to bend a barrel, I did it while straightening one. And if its such an issue why did most RPK AKs have a bipod mounted? My NHM91 came with one from China.. it shoots fine.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline teddybear1848

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 07:28:07 AM »
Well for starters it is not a bayonet mounted bipod, and as far as the bipod goes it is unique to this rifle only. I really do like the idead of cutting the front top hand guards down though, may have to give that a whirl.
"Is that actually a bucket of cat litter or is it 7.62 Nato?" - My better half.