Author Topic: New from SC  (Read 4525 times)

Offline Turbo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
New from SC
« on: August 22, 2018, 08:02:31 AM »
Hello all, I am a second generation Serb in the free state of SC. I am starting my Yugo collection and have a 1977 Cherry's imported M 59/66 SKS, M70AB2 built on a Childers receiver w/ virgin parts, a M57 Tokarev and a growing collection of surplus gear/patches.

Thanks in advance for all the knowledge!

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: New from SC
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 08:04:53 AM »
Welcome from NM Turbo, great to have you here.  Hope you enjoy the files.

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 09:21:12 AM »
hi Turbo and welcome. good to have you here.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline yellowjacket

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 11:33:40 AM »
Welcome turbo, from another SC resident.   I have an M59 (no GL) that may need a new home soon.

Good luck with your collection.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 10:13:12 PM »
Welcome from WA. I’m a second generation Swedish-Norwegian-American but have a lot of Yugoslavian SKSs, M24/47 and M48bo Mausers, M56 trainers, and a couple of pistols (M57, M88a), so we may have some common interests  :))

Offline Turbo

• Cadet
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 11:47:10 PM »
Welcome turbo, from another SC resident.   I have an M59 (no GL) that may need a new home soon.

Good luck with your collection.

Thanks for the welcome guys! 'yellowjacket'; keep me posted on that M59. I read your reponse in my WTB thread but couldn't reply there for bumping... bummer! I've missed out on two more recently and one was my fault for not memorizing the SN's. Now corrected!

Offline Turbo

• Cadet
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 11:47:54 PM »
Welcome from WA. I’m a second generation Swedish-Norwegian-American but have a lot of Yugoslavian SKSs, M24/47 and M48bo Mausers, M56 trainers, and a couple of pistols (M57, M88a), so we may have some common interests  :))

Yes we do, sounds like a great collection!!

Online Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 05:05:54 PM »
Welcome From California ! We love the Serb's and what they have to export to America : )  ! But So Carolina is a great place for a gun owner ! Love the M57 also.. There as fast as a speeding bullet !!

Offline Turbo

• Cadet
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 07:35:45 AM »
Welcome From California ! We love the Serb's and what they have to export to America : )  ! But So Carolina is a great place for a gun owner ! Love the M57 also.. There as fast as a speeding bullet !!

Thanks and very nice collection! SC is a great place for guns  :)

Offline scottyB

• Newber
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 07:28:25 PM »
Welcome and stay safe down there.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2018, 01:16:27 AM »
I'm a little behind on the Introductions. Welcome from an old Missourian! Hope you came out okay from the hurricane! I also share an interest in Yugo SKS and have a Cherry's import, as well. (don't remember the year right now, though) I don't have any M57's yet, but I did get a share of the Chinese Tok's. So, I share the addiction! Great to have you join us!

firstchoice

Offline Turbo

• Cadet
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 10:36:49 AM »
Thanks guys, we are safe from both hurricanes; dodged a bullet but feel for those who did not...

I picked up a 1989 M59/66 recently and replaced the tritium. Will be posting pics of the whole rifle soon but here's the tritium close up:

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 03:31:20 AM »
I've been wanting to do the same with my Yugos. Where did you end up finding the Tritium? How much? Was it much of an effort to install? It looks good and appears much more functional, especially at dusk or dawn.

Thanks for posting the pic! I hope you post up a topic with lots of pics to really show off that Yugo!

firstchoice

Offline Turbo

• Cadet
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2018, 09:55:46 AM »
I've been wanting to do the same with my Yugos. Where did you end up finding the Tritium? How much? Was it much of an effort to install? It looks good and appears much more functional, especially at dusk or dawn.

Thanks for posting the pic! I hope you post up a topic with lots of pics to really show off that Yugo!

firstchoice

Thanks! I got the vials from mixglo.com (1.5x6mm) and are a little over $6/ea shipped. They come from Asia but I got mine in about 8 days. There's a guy on Ebay in the USA selling them for more but I am guessing he gets them from here and charges a little more.

As for installing the front post is the trickiest. I used a toothpick and paperclip to remove but be careful, they can break. I sealed the ends with silicone, which they originally had.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2018, 01:02:28 PM »
That's cool. Interesting that international commerce in a component containing a radionuclide is okay. There must be an exception for small quantities of tritium. It's such a low energy beta-particle (electron) emitter. The thin glass of the little vial is more than enough shielding.

Offline Turbo

• Cadet
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 07:33:56 AM »
That's cool. Interesting that international commerce in a component containing a radionuclide is okay. There must be an exception for small quantities of tritium. It's such a low energy beta-particle (electron) emitter. The thin glass of the little vial is more than enough shielding.

Yes, that would be my guess too. People use these vials in key fobs, watches, etc.