Author Topic: Daughter's SKS restored to a wood stock.  (Read 723 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Daughter's SKS restored to a wood stock.
« on: February 23, 2023, 02:01:51 PM »
So, many many years ago when we all thought Chinese SKSs would always be non collectible and cheap I had one I sold to my daughter and she wanted it in a Tapco stock. IIRC it was missing the OEM mag anyway so, I proceeded to swap out the OEM stock for a Tapco (which later got a slight customization) and it has been like that until this week. Having learned from my younger, foolish ways (and in light of everything going on politically) I convinced her it was time to put it back to OEM configuration. In preparation for this I had already procured a very nice refinished Russian Hardwood stock that no longer had any markings on it from Canada and a very nicely blued Chinese OEM mag.
Adding to the story, I have been giving some of my Firearms to my kids (and spouses) who wanted them, but I hadn't given one to this particular daughter.(I have 4 kids). Kind of an 'I'll give it too you now to enjoy with me before I die' type thing. Anyway, I had a parts gun that I had already cut and crowned the barrel on so, I put that into the Tapco stock to enjoy while she can. Here's a pic of the 2 of them.

The only sucky part to the story is the fact that I just realized her SKS is a 24th year /26\ short collar. (back then I never really paid attention to things like that) SO, if anyone comes across a stock w/HG and OEM mag with SNs 08555 I would love to make a trade. :o dash2 :P rofl rofl

In the mean time, my daughter thinks the new stock on her baby looks 'awesome and gorgeous'. She may be a tom-boy, but she is all girl, LOL.

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Re: Daughter's SKS restored to a wood stock.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 05:25:58 PM »
Nice resto Alan. I too have returned my remaining rifles to good or better wood except my faux KSI Paka Para. One of my mismatched Romy's, with a typical ratty stock, went into Russian laminate, and another blade Chinese (via Albania) went into very nice blank Chiu furniture, but I still have the numbers matching stock with trench art. They're all looking much better. PAX
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 07:42:16 PM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 05:41:16 PM »
Yep, we've come a long way haven't we Wayne? chuckles1 chuckles1

BTW, that other one was one of those many Barreled receivers I picked up a year or two ago.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 06:11:27 PM »

Very nice job  clap1

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 10:21:12 PM »
Looking good GG!  thumb1

That’s what it’s all about. Good use of the barreled receiver too!

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2023, 12:38:37 AM »
Looking good GG!  thumb1

That’s what it’s all about. Good use of the barreled receiver too!

Thanks guys, you know my motto...you de-mill 'em, I rebuild 'em.  rofl rofl thankyou1

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2023, 04:18:17 AM »
Nice job Alan!  Nothing better than making the kids happy thumb1

Online 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2023, 12:53:37 PM »
I'll buy the T6 and mags from you???? Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Hylander

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2023, 03:05:20 PM »
Looks great