Author Topic: MAS 45 trainer  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
MAS 45 trainer
« on: November 24, 2016, 02:43:26 AM »
The Mas 45... the French version of the German KKW, even made on the same equipment and uses the same magazine. During the occupation of Oberndorf, the French used Mauser Banner Recievers on the examples that were made, when they left, they hauled off all the tooling, parts for this and some other guns as well. MAS banner rifles were made post war, this one based of the cursive serial prefix would be built after '51 in date, if before it would be a Roman block style letter. The barrel is pretty hefty and 24 inches long. The sling is also French near as I can tell, basically a miniature MAS 36 sling. Given the amount of goop in the barrel and around the rear sight, I'd dare say it possibly hasn't been fired since import.

5 shot magazine. Interchangable between the two rifles.

Adjustable for windage and elevation aperture style rear sight

The little rimfire Mauser bolt.

It must have hit the arsenal for a repair, it has a perfect square wood repair in the stock.

The ugly...it's missing the front sight blade and hood...but, this simply gave me some dickering room in the price. Afterward, a friend told me a certain Cz had a hood and front sight that would fit with minimal fitting, sadly it's blued not parkerized. The original had 5 different sight blades that would fit, but hens teeth are possibly easier to find these days.

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: MAS 45 trainer
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 02:53:45 PM »
Nice find GM!   thumb1  These don't pop up often and they're a bit pricey when they do.  Interesting history  clap1

I suppose you could strip the bluing on the front sight blade with naval jelly. Might look better in the white than blued  :-\