Author Topic: Rock-ola (mixmaster) M1 Carbine  (Read 14278 times)

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Rock-ola (mixmaster) M1 Carbine
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 09:14:01 PM »
I love the .30 cal carbine, my favorite of all the US military arms. Good shootin' Phosphorus!

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 11:27:16 PM »
Nice shootin' Jon! I was looking at an m2 for sale this weekend. Seller even let me put my grubby mitts all over it. Lend me $18k?
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 11:33:10 PM »
My Dad carried an M2 in the Korean War. He said it was definitely a spray and pray gun on full auto!

18K? I couldn't afford a hand guard off one of those!

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 11:40:40 PM »
I understand any variant of the carbine was not terribly popular with our guys. If I can dream here for a second...the only American 'surp on the wishlist is a Johnson semi. Oooh boy would I do unspeakable things to land one of those.
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 01:27:04 AM »
I understand any variant of the carbine was not terribly popular with our guys. If I can dream here for a second...the only American 'surp on the wishlist is a Johnson semi. Oooh boy would I do unspeakable things to land one of those.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=445002960
Here start bidding. :o
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 06:16:51 AM »
18K, oh hey Kevin, my printer's broken or I'd happily front you the money in crisp $200 bills. I don't have to worry about owning one in WA since we can't have full autos but I wouldn't mind fondling one...maybe a little baby oil...

The M1 hardly kicks but I'm sure it would be noticeable in the M2 at 15 rounds per second  :o  :))

A Johnson! Kinda funny looking but cool. Fortunately I still have the reasonably priced M1917 on my American milsurp list so I don't have to consider that kind of dough.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 04:41:41 PM »
Danged good lookin specimen and a good job on the stock repairs. But it's waaaaay above my pay grade.

Offline SKhiSm 59-66A1

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
  • My God, they have a Weaselpecker with them.
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 08:19:32 AM »
the cool mystique behind the manufacturer makes my Rockola the centerpiece of my American collection and will always have a spot on my wall

I'm pretty late to the party here but yeah, I want one of these and that's exactly where it's at for me. It's on my Phase 2 list of rifles of WW2 that it's highly debatable whether I will ever actually own any of. Along with an International Harvester (of lives) Garand, and those of other nationalities.

Very nice score, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Thanks for sharing  clap1
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."

Daniel Boone

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 11:32:37 AM »
That's a beauty! I don't know much about those other than the prices are outrageous so it seems what you paid for that was a steal. Congrats!

I've always wanted a M1 carbine. Don't know why, I've never even shot one. They just have a cool factor I can't get past even though they are small and fire what I've heard others describe as an under powered round. They just feel right when you hold them.
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2015, 01:34:49 AM »
I'm just glad to have a nice shooter. They are fun. A handy lightweight little rifle, and that over-sized pistol round they shoot is easy on the shoulder. If you're patient, once in a while you'll see an Inland near $650-700 (not likely on GB), but that's about as low as I've seen in the last year. Still not cheap but not crazy expensive. I don't see myself ever turning into a serious collector of these, given the prices for "correct" versions. However, it does make a good companion to my WWII American rifle collection alongside the Garands and the 03-A3, and I'm very glad to have one.

Online 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2015, 02:55:26 AM »
Short story about M1C's. I purchased a Just Right Carbine for Sharon several years ago. She wanted something with "less recoil" than a SKS. She also had problems with racking the slide. The SKS spring was too stiff for her busted up arm. The JRC was also to stiff. I found a M1C at a gun show for a killer deal. I bring it home, she falls in lust for it, I haven't seen it since. They are the sweetest little short range rifles you will ever own. You have "got to get me one of these", to coin Will Smith in Independence Day, the movie. Ammo is around .50 a round and 30 round mags are 30ish. Worth every dime. It is light, little recoil, easy to carry and spits a lot of lead. A 10-12 year old could safely handle this weapon with proper training.

Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.