Author Topic: Introduction - Hello world - From Central Maryland  (Read 7641 times)

Offline Sam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Introduction - Hello world - From Central Maryland
« on: January 08, 2017, 01:28:31 PM »
Hey everybody, I've been reading the weebly Chinese sks website since I become infatuated with the SKS in November 2016 and just yesterday I found out there are other weebly sites for the other countries of SKS' and then with a little more digging, discovered this forum! I'm very glad to have found it and be accepted into this community. I adore the SKS, and since November, have amassed a little collection of five so far. Today, I may actually be getting a [0138] stamped receiver Chinese :D so I'm pretty excited about that. I live in Maryland, I'm 24 years old. My hobbies are photography, film, videogames, making videos, reading, and things like that.

I own a;
Sino-Soviet paratrooper (w/long barrel lug and blade bayonet)
Yugoslavian M59/66A1
Russian 1953 Tula (Liskie refurb)
Albanian Type 56-1 (Chinese magazine currently in while I try and figure out whats wrong with Albanian mag. giving FTFs, follower arm doesn't go high it seems.)
Chinese Type 56 (replaced handguard with original wood since pic was taken)

Looking forward to learning much more and meeting interesting & like minded people!

Thanks,

Sam

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
Re: Introduction - Hello world - From Central Maryland
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 03:30:45 PM »
hi Sam and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 04:24:15 PM »
Welcome Sam from WA.  Glad to have you  thumb1 Please post pictures of and/or questions about your SKSs, we'd love to see them.  :)

Offline Sam

• Newber
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 12:07:38 AM »
Welcome Sam from WA.  Glad to have you  thumb1 Please post pictures of and/or questions about your SKSs, we'd love to see them.  :)

Thanks; I am having trouble posting pictures :0. Do I post them on a photo sharing site like photobucket or something like that and then post the link(s) here ?

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 03:22:07 AM »
Re pics, that's correct. Here's a helpful tutorial that RM wrote  thumb1

http://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=87.0

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 07:51:51 AM »
Come on in sam....  Glad you found us!      I think you will enjoy the good folks we have on this board.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline montigre

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 10:10:26 AM »
Welcome to the group, Sam.  I am also from central Maryland and have been ID'd by a few notables here that I have been infected by the SKS "bug" lol!!   thumb1 rofl

Where do you shoot your SKSs?  I just got my badge for Marriotsville and am just waiting for the weather to be a little more cooperative....
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."  ~Benjamin Franklin

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 10:21:08 AM »
Welcome to the boards Sam!  Hope you enjoy it here, definitely a great group of guys here!

Offline Garand1957

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
  • https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/6
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 11:33:54 AM »
Welcome Sam
Also from central Maryland here so I know your gun rights struggle  ;).

Offline Sam

• Newber
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 11:54:39 AM »
Here's my collection. Traded the type56 on the bottom and an Xbox for my newest member of the family, the stamped receiver! :). Will post a couple pics of that below.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am surprised to see there are a couple others here in the people's republic of Maryland! Woo! I'm not alone in this mess of confusing and awful laws and restrictions. :P
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:14:52 PM by Sam »

Offline Sam

• Newber
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 11:59:34 AM »
Welcome to the group, Sam.  I am also from central Maryland and have been ID'd by a few notables here that I have been infected by the SKS "bug" lol!!   thumb1 rofl

Where do you shoot your SKSs?  I just got my badge for Marriotsville and am just waiting for the weather to be a little more cooperative....

Good to know others are here! I shoot at the machine gun nest in Frederick. I live in Columbia so I can probably go somewhere closer lol. I actually want to get a membership to go to AGC really bad. I'd like that since it's a lot closer & outdoors.

As for the "bug" I think I've been infected as well and I have no desire for a vaccination or cure :D. I got into collecting and firearms in general just this past November and since then I've gotten six SKS' 5 of which I have. I won't stop until I have them all! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

Offline Garand1957

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
  • https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/6
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 01:45:53 PM »
Nice start on a SKS collection !
I know where you got that stamped Chinese SKS....Dave is a great guy  :)
I shoot in Bowie at the Berwyn Rod and Gun Club and you're welcome to tag along anytime you like....we usually shoot on Sundays.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 02:35:32 PM »
Hi.....from Va   thumb1

Now, where da Romanian at..  :)   

Come on tell me it's on the must do list, it's in the mail, you forgot to list it.. something  rofl2  Honor the ghost of Vlad Țepeș and Nicolae Ceaușescu, keep the spirits happy. thumb1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Sam

• Newber
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 03:23:45 PM »
Hi.....from Va   thumb1

Now, where da Romanian at..  :)   

Come on tell me it's on the must do list, it's in the mail, you forgot to list it.. something  rofl2  Honor the ghost of Vlad Țepeș and Nicolae Ceaușescu, keep the spirits happy. thumb1
Thanks; It is most definitely on the to-do list, just haven't had a chance to get one recently, and when I do I'm concentrated on others lol. But it's a priority. The ghosts will be honored yet! haha

Nice start on a SKS collection !
I know where you got that stamped Chinese SKS....Dave is a great guy  :)
I shoot in Bowie at the Berwyn Rod and Gun Club and you're welcome to tag along anytime you like....we usually shoot on Sundays.
Thanks man, appreciate it (: Ah what a  small world it is here on this site, neat. Great guy indeed, easy to get along with. Yeah that sounds like a good time, I'll have to take you up on that offer sometime, and I'll be sure to let you know. Since I started collecting SKS' in November (and got into firearms in general) I've only went out and shot one of them once, so I'm due to get out somewhere and have some fun >: )

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 03:45:32 PM »
and when I do I'm concentrated on others lol

:o

Beware....don't let the ghost of Vlad hear that, or risk being.......impaled.  thumb1 chuckles1 rofl

Quote from: montigre on Today at 10:10:26 AM

Yup... thumb1 wait...."bug".... oh my :o  call it what it is....a full blown addiction. thumb1  Take the step towards admission of the problem :) rofl2
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:54:30 PM by Greasemonkey »

Offline montigre

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 07:15:01 AM »

Yup... thumb1 wait...."bug".... oh my :o  call it what it is....a full blown addiction. thumb1  Take the step towards admission of the problem :) rofl2

No...it can't be an addiction  :o...I have too much self control... rofl chuckles1 ....Luv ya, GM 8)
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."  ~Benjamin Franklin

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 11:42:28 AM »
Welcome from Montana!

Wow, nice start!
And I thought I was on a kick since November, I only filled two holes in my collection...one I am trying to dig my way out of. :)

I would love to see pictorals on most if not all of your guns, especially that sexy stamped one.  :P
One of those and an Albanian are on my short list.

That blade para Sino Soviet is also quite alluring...

Offline Sam

• Newber
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 12:29:29 PM »
Welcome from Montana!

Wow, nice start!
And I thought I was on a kick since November, I only filled two holes in my collection...one I am trying to dig my way out of. :)

I would love to see pictorals on most if not all of your guns, especially that sexy stamped one.  :P
One of those and an Albanian are on my short list.

That blade para Sino Soviet is also quite alluring...

Thanks buddy! I had to play a little catch up; seeing others massive and beautiful collections made me a little envious.  :-X. Haha I feel you on trying to dig your way out. I am just trying to dig out the other way, and come up in China hopefully. So to speak, if that makes sense at all. Lol, but seriously I'll have to slow down unfortunately. I just want one of the AK mag variants and I'd be satisfied to rest, regroup and get the finances back on track  chuckles1.

Oh yeah I love taking good pics of them & plan on getting in another good shoot once I am able to get up to my friends house. His deck is the background in the photo above and makes for a good backdrop compared to carpet. I'll give you a holler once I'm able to get that done! :).

Good luck on gettin your Alby. I also want another one since mine isn't all matching (some pieces are just blank, no stamp at all), & a previous owner redid the stock and metal.  >:(.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 02:24:32 PM »
I just want one of the AK mag variants and I'd be satisfied to rest, regroup and get the finances back on track  chuckles1.

This.... this, is how it all starts.. the addiction excuses... "IF" I get this I will be satisfied, slowly it grows into, well I need this one now, and this, OH MY!!! would ya look at that, yup I need that also, then you look the the wifey.......ooooohhhh girl, you just don't know how rare these are and I bought one, no... you don't need shoes to work in, here is some ducttape and newspaper, wrap them piggys.

Regroup.. rofl2 means...  let me scan GunBroker for my next fix.

Throw the finances out the window, buy Ramen by the case.....it's a hard knock life when your addicted. thumb1

I can give you a perfect example......Ask RunningMan why he won't buy a Mosin. Simple...addiction is powerful.

Go ahead... deny it.. I dare ya..  Remember denial is one of the signs of addiction.. YOU wont win, your done, see you in the meetings with Montigre.. yup she attends..
Hi, my name is Sam, and I have an addiction..... hi Sam. thumb1

rofl2 chuckles1

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 10:13:19 PM »
Nice Rifles Sam, Got a good collection going, Dont worry , more will come.  Just keep a Good eye out and buy when you see them cheap or Buy when you see something that you know you might not see again. One thing i do is watch Gunbroker and i have it set up to email me every morning with any SKS rifles that were listed. it helps me watch for the rare ones that might be listed wrong or any Russians that might be listed as a buy it now for 2-300.(its rare anymore but it happens).
Come join me on Facebook group..  The Milsurp Nation or Instagram @Milsurp_Nation