Author Topic: New guy from PA  (Read 6399 times)

Offline M26PERSHING

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
  • BOOM!!
New guy from PA
« on: July 05, 2015, 02:35:53 PM »
Hello Gents, new member here from PA. As I have been an SKS shooter and semi-collector for almost two decades now I will admit to leaving the Simonov community. Now, due to old age I have abandoned the collecting of arms and laugh at my tacticool past in favor of practicality which is why I turned back to the SKS. thumb1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: New guy from PA
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 02:47:52 PM »
Good to have you.. Welcome aboard!

What type of sks?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 02:48:06 PM »
Welcome to the board and back to the awesome SKS!

Offline M26PERSHING

• Cadet
  • BOOM!!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 02:51:07 PM »
Good to have you.. Welcome aboard!

What type of sks?
none yet, have to procure them all over again. going to be putting my WASR on the trading block very soon! thanks for having me.

Offline M26PERSHING

• Cadet
  • BOOM!!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 02:52:05 PM »
Welcome to the board and back to the awesome SKS!
thank you Power Surge, BTW, thanks for frying my lap top last storm lol

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 02:55:30 PM »
I've got a nice M59/66 Yugo for sale if you're interested :)

Offline M26PERSHING

• Cadet
  • BOOM!!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 03:20:40 PM »
I've got a nice M59/66 Yugo for sale if you're interested :)
just got separated, "I can't afford get out of sight if it cost a quarter to go around the world" if you are in PA we could trade lol

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 06:57:25 AM »
Welcome M26, we are glad to have you with us. Are you a 19E?

Offline escobert

• Cadet
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 11:52:39 AM »
welcome! I ended up trading a Bulgarian AK74 for my SKS. When I purchased the 74 I had wanted a SKS but couldn't find anything that wasn't bubbad up and overpriced in my area. Got the 74 for $600 and ended up trading it for my un-molested '65 type 56 and 350 rounds.
"Stella quarta decima fulgeat. May the 14th star shine bright."

Article 16th. Right to bear arms; standing armies; military power subordinate to civil -  Vermont Constitution

That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State - and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.

Offline M26PERSHING

• Cadet
  • BOOM!!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 01:36:45 PM »
Welcome M26, we are glad to have you with us. Are you a 19E?
No I am not, I have not had that honor.

Offline M26PERSHING

• Cadet
  • BOOM!!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 01:38:56 PM »
welcome! I ended up trading a Bulgarian AK74 for my SKS. When I purchased the 74 I had wanted a SKS but couldn't find anything that wasn't bubbad up and overpriced in my area. Got the 74 for $600 and ended up trading it for my un-molested '65 type 56 and 350 rounds.
Those of us who know the SKS and have been through the various phases know your deal was good. thumb1

Offline escobert

• Cadet
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 02:59:55 PM »
Those of us who know the SKS and have been through the various phases know your deal was good. thumb1

The ammo issue alone sold it for me. there's only one gun shop in my state that sells 5.45x39mm.
"Stella quarta decima fulgeat. May the 14th star shine bright."

Article 16th. Right to bear arms; standing armies; military power subordinate to civil -  Vermont Constitution

That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State - and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.

Offline M26PERSHING

• Cadet
  • BOOM!!
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 03:59:35 PM »

The ammo issue alone sold it for me. there's only one gun shop in my state that sells 5.45x39mm.
yeah, that is why I got out of most milsurps, it sucks always having to order ammo or paying outrageous prices for domestic "hunting quality" ammo

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 04:43:32 AM »
  Welcome to the Files M26PERSHING! I'm new to the Files, as well. I'm enjoying all aspects of the board. They're gathering data and making the case for some claims, while debunking others. It's the data collection and confirmation that really impresses me. And I enjoy learning new things, even if it is for the second or third time!  :))  It's just good to see the questions being answered with real data and numbers to back them up.

Family with Pershing history? My firstborn son trained at Ft. Knox, KY, but they trained in/used all Abrams M1A1's, with various "fitting's". (.50 cal BMG's, TOW Missile Launchers, and I saw many with the GE Mini Guns mounted on top.) I saw some of the old M-60's there, but I'm not sure if he ever used that for any training or exercises. He spent his Basic Training there and AIT as well. I went down there for "parents day" and for his graduation. I enjoyed tooling around that base and going to the Armored Museum there on base. That place is a trip!

Enjoy! Learn! Share! And welcome!

firstchoice

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 03:46:29 PM »
hi Pennsylvania and welcome. good to have you here.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!