Author Topic: March Raffle from now until March 30, 2016  (Read 18217 times)

Online firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: March Raffle from now until March 30, 2016
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 07:52:29 PM »
FirstChoice takes the Win!!!   

Congrats to FC and a big thanks to all that participated!   FC, we will contact you for your shipping info....  I believe Murray will be having a raffle soon as well so stay tuned for that.   ;)

Too cool!! Don't believe I've ever won anything and now I've won the Marcus "G/3 Adapter"! Way cool! Thanks Marcus! Thanks SKS-Files!

firstchoice

Offline 1mlt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2016, 03:08:37 PM »
FirstChoice takes the Win!!!   

Congrats to FC and a big thanks to all that participated!   FC, we will contact you for your shipping info....  I believe Murray will be having a raffle soon as well so stay tuned for that.   ;)

Too cool!! Don't believe I've ever won anything and now I've won the Marcus "G/3 Adapter"! Way cool! Thanks Marcus! Thanks SKS-Files!

firstchoice

FC, 1 each, brand new in the wrapper, G3 is on the way to you.

Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2016, 06:51:16 AM »
I'll not donate anymore for these raffles. I'm tired of giving my money and not getting anything in return. At least when I donate to a reputable charity I feel good that I've hopefully been able to help someone!

Online firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2016, 08:11:52 AM »
  ?  Just taking a guess that you are serious here. The whole point behind a raffle for the SKS-Files Forum is to keep the forum going and to be able to use quality servers and software. Someone does win the raffled item, but not everyone can win, of course. I donate to these raffles to support the board, first and foremost. The chance to win something for doing it is secondary. And when I won a raffle last month, I was pleasingly surprised and it was an awesome item to win! My first time at winning anything. Bonus!

Rather than the board admin throwing out dry requests for donations for board maintenance and costs, our members and vendors step up and donate an item, or items, to be donated for use in the raffles. Seems more of a "Win, possible win" situation to me.

I hope you reconsider and help keep the board going for the generations of SKS enthusiasts to follow.

BTW, "reputable" charities are getting much harder to find nowadays. They are there, with varying degrees of effectiveness. With this board, I watch it growing in membership and in researched knowledge based in either fact or accumulated data info gleaning. (not guesses, old egos, or "my way or the highway" attitudes.)

firstchoice

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2016, 10:09:40 AM »
  ?  Just taking a guess that you are serious here. The whole point behind a raffle for the SKS-Files Forum is to keep the forum going and to be able to use quality servers and software. Someone does win the raffled item, but not everyone can win, of course. I donate to these raffles to support the board, first and foremost. The chance to win something for doing it is secondary. And when I won a raffle last month, I was pleasingly surprised and it was an awesome item to win! My first time at winning anything. Bonus!

Rather than the board admin throwing out dry requests for donations for board maintenance and costs, our members and vendors step up and donate an item, or items, to be donated for use in the raffles. Seems more of a "Win, possible win" situation to me.

I hope you reconsider and help keep the board going for the generations of SKS enthusiasts to follow.

BTW, "reputable" charities are getting much harder to find nowadays. They are there, with varying degrees of effectiveness. With this board, I watch it growing in membership and in researched knowledge based in either fact or accumulated data info gleaning. (not guesses, old egos, or "my way or the highway" attitudes.)

firstchoice

Thanks for the support FC. A "raffle" by definition is a "Chance" to win something. It is not a promise of winning anything. The more 'chances' you buy, the better your odds. We donated a 100.00 retail value item to the files for $0.00. We also paid the shipping to the winner. For the 'opportunity' to win an item with a value of +100.00, you 'donate' 5.00 for the chance. I don't know how many 'raffle tickets' were sold. I didn't ask.

FC, how is the G3 working for you?

Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2016, 12:50:53 PM »
I'll not donate anymore for these raffles. I'm tired of giving my money and not getting anything in return. At least when I donate to a reputable charity I feel good that I've hopefully been able to help someone!

Sorry you feel this way sksmcross, but you did receive something in return when buying your 1 five dallar entry.  You may have noticed your Board Contributor status and access to the Club House section of the boards as a result. 

I don't know of any other organization/forum that would do this, but if you want to revoke your Contributor status/access and receive a refund of your $5 towards this voluntary raffle and board Contributor access, please send me your paypay address via PM. 

This isn't the Clinton foundation. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 01:22:39 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2016, 01:23:49 PM »

Sorry you feel this way sksmcross, but you did receive something in return when buying your 1 five dallar entry.  You may have noticed your Board Contributor status and access to the Club House section of the boards as a result. 

I don't know if any other organization/forum that would do this, but if you want to revoke your Contributor status/access and receive a refund of your $5 towards this voluntary raffle and board Contributor access, please send me your paypay address via PM. 

This isn't the Clinton foundation.

Hells Bells LC, I'll send his 5.00 back. It isn't worth the bad press that could come from it.

Send me your mailing address "SKSM" and I mail you, at my expense, a crisp 5.00 bill. And from you, I expect/want nothing in return.

Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2016, 01:30:03 PM »
Not your responsibility Marcus.... We cant have you generously offering your items up for raffle and buy members their tickets at the same time. 

If he detracts his purchase there will be a PP record of it and the item bought returned.   Make sense?  I think the offer is more then fair and no hard feelings.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2016, 01:40:54 PM »
Not your responsibility Marcus.... We cant have you generously offering your items up for raffle and buy members their tickets at the same time. 

If he detracts his purchase there will be a PP record of it and the item bought returned.   Make sense?  I think the offer is more then fair and no hard feelings.   thumb1

I'm not pissed or have any hard feelings LC. A lot guys donated for the sole purpose of helping the boards. Some did want the G3, and I suspect others likely did not. They could have sold it for 25.00 somewhere and made their contribution back. I am disappointed perhaps in less than stellar behavior though. I'm not wanting bad press for the boards or my adapters. The 5.00 is way cheap insurance. And yes, I do understand it isn't my responsibility.

Marcus
Teddy R.