Author Topic: Got Lucky this Time  (Read 138 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Got Lucky this Time
« on: March 19, 2024, 03:55:45 PM »
Hi Fellas,

Id been after a Ruger M96 .22lr lever for about 10 years. I posted a WTB on Rimfire Central and got a hit within 3 days. Virtually new coming from Indiana  :) . PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Got Lucky this Time
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 04:47:00 PM »
Nice PAX!  Post up some photos when it gets out of jail next month!

Online Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 07:43:36 PM »

Nice score, I use to live on Rimfire Central - mostly on the CZ section , great forum  thumb1

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 07:57:33 PM »
The seller's pictures, PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Online Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 01:21:42 AM »

Almost resembles a 10/22
Nice 👍

The only lever rimfire I have owned was a Henry - it was well made , Ruger will not let ya down 👍

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 12:44:41 PM »

Almost resembles a 10/22
Nice 👍

The only lever rimfire I have owned was a Henry - it was well made , Ruger will not let ya down 👍

One reason to get one was the mag compatibility. You can use 10/22 mags in a 96 but not the other way, 96 mags are flat bottomed, 10/22 are curved and I have a boat load of 10s. I've got hi-cap but I think they'd be a waste and ugly in a classic lever. I'll need to use a scope if I want to  see what I'm plinking  :) PAX
  You need a crew  

Online Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 01:18:44 PM »

Almost resembles a 10/22
Nice 👍

One reason to get one was the mag compatibility. You can use 10/22 mags in a 96 but not the other way, 96 mags are flat bottomed, 10/22 are curved and I have a boat load of 10s. I've got hi-cap but I think they'd be a waste and ugly in a classic lever. I'll need to use a scope if I want to  see what I'm plinking  :) PAX

I owned a 77/22 that used the same mags , very accurate - wish I still had it 😞