Author Topic: Zastava M70 .32 from Classic Arms  (Read 2371 times)

Offline jmaurer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
Zastava M70 .32 from Classic Arms
« on: June 04, 2019, 07:35:00 PM »
I just picked up an M70 with two magazines and holster from Classic Firearms. Lots of cosmoline, and essentially a new pistol [C prefix, 0981 date (?)]. I got this because of familiarity with Tokarevs in general, but beyond that, it's an impulse buy.

My question is: why are the edges of the trigger radiused in what appears to be a relatively crude fashion (compared to the rest of the pistol), leaving those areas on either side in the white? From a quick scan of googled images, it looks like lots of others exhibit this as well. Any thoughts?

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: Zastava M70 .32 from Classic Arms
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 08:04:10 PM »
I'm guessing it possibly part of their refurb/repair process... I've seen them blued and in the white with no rhyme or reason.

Damn .32s....  Went from avoiding them... Now.... I have like... a whole mess of them pesky little pistols.  chuckles1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline jmaurer

• Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 08:31:15 PM »
Yeah, I've avoided them for a while, too. I had a CZ27 as kid that I used to carry in my jeans back pocket, until by accident (still don't really know how it happened) the darn thing went off IN my pocket-the only thing it did was blow out the bottom of my pocket. I'd just taken a step forward, so it didn't hit my leg, thank goodness! But been kinda skittish since then of anything but a J-frame the pocket! Too bad I sold the bloody thing the next day...

Offline jmaurer

• Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 10:32:03 PM »
Greasemonkey, I forgot to ask: what do you prefer for .32 acp ammo? Hungarian Geco?

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 11:26:36 PM »
Never tried it, not a popular brand around here...  on older stuff like my Ruby, Browning, Cz.27, Cz.50 and a few others, I tried to use the American stuff... But sometimes they dont cycle right, my Vz.61 typically doesn't like it either, so they all get Fiocchi or S&B, they seem to be the hottest cheaper ball ammos I've found. And usually I can snag an arm full of either at the LGS when ever.... There is a..... slight difference in CIP ammo vs SAMMI ammo.  Even with my Vz.61 manual, it states.... for best performance use CIP proofed ammo.

Offline jaroslav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 10:00:13 PM »
I was going to buy Zastava M70, but then I read they feel like a brick. So I bought CZ 70.

Offline jmaurer

• Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 10:46:35 PM »
Jaroslav, the M70 certainly isn't as sleek as my old butt-busting CZ27, and it is chunky for the caliber. Nevertheless, I've been so impressed with the M57 Zastava Tokarevs that were sold by Classic that I toyed with the idea of one of the M70s. Took a few days off the last couple of weeks, and while fiddling around online I noticed that Classic only had one of the R Guns imports left with holster and two mags. They did have more in stock from Century, but those don't have the holster and spare mag, and have the crappier-looking import marks. Anyway, I jumped on the last one of the R Guns pistols, and it is basically a new, unfired weapon. It certainly looks to be as well and carefully made as any Yugoslavian firearm; nobody could make this thing today for the selling price!

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 10:51:17 PM »
I was going to buy Zastava M70, but then I read they feel like a brick. So I bought CZ 70.

Brick.. any modern .32 has to be better than this one. a Dreyse  chuckles1

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 02:19:38 AM »
That Dreyse is ugly enough to be lovable to me.
Besides, anything from the Schmeisser lineage gets my attention.

How does she shoot?
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7