Author Topic: This just in from Indiana... Me.  (Read 5996 times)

Offline HillHopper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
This just in from Indiana... Me.
« on: August 22, 2016, 03:19:49 AM »
Hello everyone. Glad to be here. Better start off by saying that I do not own an SKS.  That, however, is about to change, just as soon as I can wisely make it happen. I say 'wisely' because, just like the Martians in a bad 'B' movie or the Zombies in seemingly every other television program produced within the last five years, I am here for your brains. But fear not, Earthlings. I only want to borrow them to keep from blowing money I definitely cannot afford to waste. Lots of choices out there, undoubtedly some bad ones in clever or perhaps even unintentional disguise, and when money's as tight as it is for me it is just plain stupid not to ask for help from obviously knowledgeable folks who have 'been there, done that'. Then once I've brought the baby home I'll drive you all to distraction with the boasts & endless photographs to be expected/dreaded from a proud papa.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: This just in from Indiana... Me.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 07:07:56 AM »
Wecome from WA! We're here to help  :)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 08:33:08 AM »
Welcome from TX!

Feel free to post up any questions you have.  thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 08:36:43 AM »
hi HH, good to have you here. my first (C&R) was an SKS, great choice. budget will be the biggest factor, good luck.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 08:54:29 AM »
Greetings from NM.   Hope you enjoy it here. Welcome aboard.  thumb1

Offline montigre

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 09:55:29 AM »
Greetings from Maryland, HillHopper!!  You'll learn a lot here.  The start of my addiction was a Yugo SKS.  Folks here said, watch out, they like to multiply.....I said, "yeah right..." 

Now desperately looking for effective birth control for the growing family of SKSs in my safe..... rofl
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."  ~Benjamin Franklin

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 11:34:21 AM »
Welcome from the Show Me State.
I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 04:33:56 PM »
Welcome from Viet Nam ...

je4jfhrunmeudfgvxcztyeorpc,dfnmdhejkdbchdj. Means its best to buy the members the firsty round before we get started  chuckles1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 04:55:45 PM »
HI!! Me. from Indiana.

Now desperately looking for effective birth control for the growing family of SKSs in my safe..... rofl

YOU....were warned... YOU..didn't listen, YOUR....still in denial..oh no it won't happen to 'lil 'ol me nea1       Next to, "Here, hold my beer for a sec and watch this", the immortal phrase "It won't happen to me" run hand in hand thumb1  rofl rofl2 chuckles1

Rule #4  Bigger safe..then side by side safe"s", yup plural, one ain't gonna cut it.

je4jfhrunmeudfgvxcztyeorpc,dfnmdhejkdbchdj. Means its best to buy the members the firsty round before we get started

And a bowl of possum bottom stew thumb1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 05:23:35 PM »

Fear not, for it is written: "Be fruitful and multiply", and
"Behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation". Surely that includes: Yugoslavians, Russians, Romanians, Albanians, Germans, Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamese... geezer1  chuckles1

But one is a good start HillHopper. Don't worry, it'll be plenty  thumb1 hehehe

Offline montigre

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 07:22:46 PM »

YOU....were warned... YOU..didn't listen, YOUR....still in denial..oh no it won't happen to 'lil 'ol me nea1       Next to, "Here, hold my beer for a sec and watch this", the immortal phrase "It won't happen to me" run hand in hand thumb1  rofl rofl2 chuckles1

Oh, you just stop it now.....  wacko1 didnt do  rofl
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."  ~Benjamin Franklin

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 10:09:08 PM »
Hilhopper, Here is a good looking functional Yugo m59 SkS at a Great price to get you started. These are what some call the best shooting and most accurate SkS on the market. AND ! Is one of the most desired collectible sks's imo.. These will sale fast and may or may not come available again when there gone. 

Heres the link

http://www.dansammo.com/images/inv/gunpic.asp?ITEM=F1034
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 10:15:58 PM by Direct Connection »

Offline HillHopper

• Newber
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 04:53:38 AM »
I appreciate that link. Keep getting a 'DNS LOOKUP FAILED' message when I click it. But I'm planning to just pick brains on the forums & use the advice/info to pick up a good rifle through private sale. You won't spot me running around in a tinfoil hat but I'm a bit concerned by the climate in D.C. & not looking to be 'on file' anywhere as a rifle purchaser. I do appreciate the link, though. It's a good board when the new guy gets advice & a good lead in the INTRO forum, for cryin' out loud. Much thanks to you & all the folks.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 06:09:17 AM »
Yup, hard (impossible) to beat that price for an M59 out of the crate, and Dan is a great guy.

http://www.dansammo.com/firearms.asp

If you're looking for local FTF sales just post links or pics and we can give advice...although if you really want to stay completely off the radar, pics or posts on the Internet...

Find a good Chinese Type 56 if you're main criteria are inexpensive and a good shooter. Chrome lined barrel, well machined, and I've never had one with any problems. Of course I've only had one SKS with any problems, an M59/66A1  :))

Offline HillHopper

• Newber
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 09:26:21 AM »
Link started working... wow. Those look SWEET. And they're 59s, without the grenade launcher goodies that people say can give grief.  And the price!  Man, that's... wow, that's tempting. Yes, it has occurred to me that if 'under the radar' was my intent then perhaps I should not have joined 3 SKS forums & spent the last week or so posting like I'm being paid by the letter.  ::)  Oh, well.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 10:16:07 AM »
Link started working... wow. Those look SWEET. And they're 59s, without the grenade launcher goodies that people say can give grief.  And the price!  Man, that's... wow, that's tempting. Yes, it has occurred to me that if 'under the radar' was my intent then perhaps I should not have joined 3 SKS forums & spent the last week or so posting like I'm being paid by the letter.  ::)  Oh, well.

Welcome from Florida Hillhopper. And don't worry about the Gov't Goons, if they want you they will find you!

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 01:13:18 PM »

Spigot launchers are not technically illegal...in the feds eyes, and I've never encountered any kind of grief. My FR 8s, Mas 49/56, Mas 36/51, and yup even the, M59/66 all come standard with launchers attached. It's individual states that take offence to them and cause grief, check your state or local laws before purchasing. If found completely legal in your state and locality, there should be no issues. thumb1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem