Author Topic: How badly did I screw up for $500???  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
Re: How badly did I screw up for $500???
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2020, 12:12:00 PM »
I agree with Pax.

Don't get rid of ammo if you don't have to. Might be just a few months until it'll be too hard to find.

That being said, I'd be interested in the M67 if you're dead set on selling some.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline WilliamBray

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2020, 12:21:24 PM »
Unfortunately I have to sell the ammo. I don't plan on firing corrosive ammo through my rifle.

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2020, 01:08:14 PM »
Unfortunately I have to sell the ammo. I don't plan on firing corrosive ammo through my rifle.

You're doing yourself an injustice not running that M67. It's some of the best there is. Corrosive is no big deal, and depending on when it was produced, most all Berdan primed ammo is corrosive. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2020, 03:49:13 PM »

Would suggest you put a for sale ad up in the Miscellaneous For Sale section. 
Know that shipping ammo for a private party is not easy or necessarily cheap.  1000 rounds of 7.62x39 in a 8x8x6 box is likely to run you $40-$50 in just shipping via FedEx/UPS when the proper "Cartridges, small arms ORM-D" / limited quantity option is selected.  They are not allowed to have you drop off the box at a location, both their rules require you to schedule a specific pickup, so that adds a bit to the cost as well.  Your best bet may be a local face to face sale.

Good luck!  thumb1

Offline WilliamBray

• Newber
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2020, 03:53:03 PM »

Would suggest you put a for sale ad up in the Miscellaneous For Sale section. 
Know that shipping ammo for a private party is not easy or necessarily cheap.  1000 rounds of 7.62x39 in a 8x8x6 box is likely to run you $40-$50 in just shipping via FedEx/UPS when the proper "Cartridges, small arms ORM-D" / limited quantity option is selected.  They are not allowed to have you drop off the box at a location, both their rules require you to schedule a specific pickup, so that adds a bit to the cost as well.  Your best bet may be a local face to face sale.

Good luck!  thumb1

Was going to throw the whole lot up on Armslist for $175 OBO depending on actual number of rounds.

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2020, 05:04:40 PM »
Someone local to you should jump on it for that price. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2020, 05:42:11 PM »
If I was local.. I'd be on it like white on rice.. corrosive stuff  thumb1 thumb1. I've told people..no don't shoot it, it will rot your barrel off and lock your gas system up, I'm certified in dealing with corrosive materials, have the Hazmat license and all..just sell it to me.   rofl rofl2   So none of it's totally a lie... enough time, years and years it will, and I do have a Hazmat CDL  thumb1 rofl2
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline WilliamBray

• Newber
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2020, 08:38:46 PM »
Serial#

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2020, 08:50:40 PM »
A 1993