Author Topic: Egyptian AK  (Read 569 times)

Offline Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Egyptian AK
« on: December 31, 2023, 09:46:13 PM »
Stopped by the LGS to wish them a happy New Year and they had just put this in the rack . A fairly nice Egyptian Maadi 7.62x39
Not the prettiest thing on the planet but well made and turned out to be a great shooter 
 thumb1

Hope to find a correct mag for her someday .
Wishing everyone here a awesome 2024

Papahound

Offline Algotguns

• Newber
Re: Egyptian AK
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 09:07:17 AM »
Really neat find ! Happy New Year

Offline Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 02:49:41 PM »

Offline jjjxlr8

• Cadet
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 04:32:34 PM »
Nice find!  I always liked the Egyptian rifles.  I found this MAADI rifle a while back and replaced the thumbhole stock with a real Egyptian grip and I re-finished a Romanian buttstock to match the Egyptian front end.  The Egyptian buttstocks are next to impossible to find anymore.  I learned that the Egyptian sling swivel is slightly different than the Romanian and had to address that with some careful wood working.  Some of the early imports like mine have the muzzle threads and even used the military receivers with the third pin Y stamp.

Offline Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2024, 11:04:16 PM »
Nice find!  I always liked the Egyptian rifles.  I found this MAADI rifle a while back and replaced the thumbhole stock with a real Egyptian grip and I re-finished a Romanian buttstock to match the Egyptian front end.  The Egyptian buttstocks are next to impossible to find anymore.  I learned that the Egyptian sling swivel is slightly different than the Romanian and had to address that with some careful wood working.  Some of the early imports like mine have the muzzle threads and even used the military receivers with the third pin Y stamp.

Very nice - the upgrade looks great 👍