Author Topic: Why do you own a Mosin?  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: Why do you own a Mosin?
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2021, 12:35:31 PM »
You addicts need professional help...  :P

Naw.... we just need more Mosins..   thumb1 thumb1

Don't judge..  :P  Don't fear the Mosin...RM.. while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, deep down in places you don't discuss at engineer cocktail parties, you want that Mosin on your wall, you need that Mosin on your wall..  rofl rofl2  I seriously gotta quit watching classic flashback movies... rofl2
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2021, 03:39:38 PM »
I would think, from an Engineering stand point, that he WOULD want a Mosin. Just for the dynamics of how, engineeringly speaking, it even works and lasts as long as it does compared to other bolt action rifles. rofl rofl
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2021, 02:40:01 AM »
You addicts need professional help...  :P

Naw.... we just need more Mosins..   thumb1 thumb1

Don't judge..  :P  Don't fear the Mosin...RM.. while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, deep down in places you don't discuss at engineer cocktail parties, you want that Mosin on your wall in your gun rack, you need that Mosin on your wall in your gun rack..  rofl rofl2  I seriously gotta quit watching classic flashback movies... rofl2

I fixed this too.

This is the GM I remember. Laughed me arse off when I read this.

Offline 100Acre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2024, 09:44:03 PM »
I collected mousers, then Enfields FR8’s and Mosins. I love the history and doing all the research. I got a great score at the auction but then went to the gun show. There were only two mosins available but they must’ve been gold lined because they were $975 and $875 the latter being a 1927 early Tula. It was nice, but not $875 nice! Prices are definitely going up so i look at it as an investment

Offline Sindone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2024, 07:06:29 AM »
I collect them the same as I do all military surplus. I enjoy the history of them.  I enjoy reading and doing research about them.  The Mosin-Nagant in particular has so many variations and used in so many different conflicts it's astonishing.  My favorite of the 3 is the Enfield. I love the smooth action,  and it's just a nice looking rifle.

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2024, 10:23:04 AM »
The former cheap price of the rifle and ammo initially was the main seller for me. At one time I had about a dozen Mosins, 4 Enfields, 2 Springfields and a VZ24. They made good barter fodder. Got rid of most Monsins but 2 Fin 91/30s, an M44 and an M39. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798