Author Topic: Remington 870 "Economaster"  (Read 3122 times)

Offline jd?

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
Remington 870 "Economaster"
« on: October 05, 2014, 04:03:51 PM »
Seems like we're getting some shotty posts lately, so I thought I'd join in.  I acquired a couple of twenty gauge's in the last couple of years, and this is one of them.  And one that I really like.  It's a Model 870, but not a Wingmaster.  The Economaster name is my own invention.  When I picked this one up, It was under 300 bucks. 

This would be a great youth or chick gun, being nice and short, and with a rear stock/trigger pull an inch shorter than standard.  I've got long arms, and it still feels great (and quick) to me. 

Metal, (steel receiver) has this rough blasted blue job which is very grippy and durable.  Trigger group is polymer as opposed to aluminum on the old 870's

Stock is laminate, which we never could get in the old days, and I love it.

THEN -- to top it off, I found the mag extension for these at our local gun show one day.  I don't really need it, but it was cheap, and I thought it was kinda cool.  It works and fits great, and has a sling swivel on the other side.  Makes for a better home defense gun, but I have to remove it for hunting.

Overall, this is a very sweet little scatter-gun.  I'd give it a two thumbs up.  jd

I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.  Groucho Marx

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Remington 870 "Economaster"
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 04:36:48 PM »
I'd give it two thumbs up too jd, that's a beautiful scatter gun! I like the wood and the finish.