Author Topic: Chinese Public Security SKS  (Read 22313 times)

Offline martin08

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
Re: Chinese Public Security SKS
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2018, 08:46:35 PM »
You may see a handful or two of these trade each year at most.  They really aren't well known, and it takes a hardcore SKS collector to actually appreciate them.  Hence, the premiums aren't great, maybe 10-25%.

Here's one from arsenal /416\, pretty much mint, which sold on Gunbroker on 9-9-18 for $640.  Perhaps a $500 gun without the marks.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/783978834

Now, if it was a /26\, who knows.  I don't believe that any more than 10 or so have been recorded.  It would take a LOT of money to get me to part with mine.

But then again, any blade bayo Chinese in the following condition would command a LOT of money.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2018, 08:59:37 PM »
Anyone has actually seen Chinese Public Security Forces use these 'Gong An' labeled SKS (in person, photo, video, etc)? Thanks.

Hey pcke2000!

I have nothing to show for that. I'm sure they've upgraded to new rifles long ago, but it seems like there'd be a few pics, somewhere, of the Chinese Public Security Forces using the Type 56. But, I'm not sure we could ever confirm that stamp in the usual pics that we get. The stamps definitely look like arsenal-time frame stamps, but?

Do you feel that they are a counterfeit stamp?

firstchoice

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2018, 09:20:06 PM »
You may see a handful or two of these trade each year at most.  They really aren't well known, and it takes a hardcore SKS collector to actually appreciate them.  Hence, the premiums aren't great, maybe 10-25%.

Here's one from arsenal /416\, pretty much mint, which sold on Gunbroker on 9-9-18 for $640.  Perhaps a $500 gun without the marks.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/783978834

Now, if it was a /26\, who knows.  I don't believe that any more than 10 or so have been recorded.  It would take a LOT of money to get me to part with mine.

But then again, any blade bayo Chinese in the following condition would command a LOT of money.

martin08, that is a beauty of a Type 56! And, a PS rifle, to boot. I'd love to find a /26\ PS rifle in that condition some day. 

firstchoice

Offline martin08

• Marksman
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2018, 09:23:27 PM »

Hey pcke2000!

I have nothing to show for that. I'm sure they've upgraded to new rifles long ago, but it seems like there'd be a few pics, somewhere, of the Chinese Public Security Forces using the Type 56. But, I'm not sure we could ever confirm that stamp in the usual pics that we get. The stamps definitely look like arsenal-time frame stamps, but?

Do you feel that they are a counterfeit stamp?

firstchoice

Agreed that the stamps were done at arsenal, and in the 1960s and 70s.  The original bluing is not disturbed, so the stamps were made before final finish.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2018, 09:28:21 PM »
GM, what's the chances of getting you to repost the original, or updated, pics on this OP?  It's a necrothread, but it's always great to read up on and look at the examples.
If I remember correctly, your PS is one the SKS Guide-PS Rifle examples? It's a nice one!

firstchoice

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2018, 09:45:30 PM »
GM, what's the chances of getting you to repost the original, or updated, pics on this OP?  It's a necrothread, but it's always great to read up on and look at the examples.
If I remember correctly, your PS is one the SKS Guide-PS Rifle examples? It's a nice one!

firstchoice

Oh my.. photophucket strikes again.  :-\

FC...... I will update the photos first thing tomorrow when I'm home.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2018, 01:09:45 PM »
Pictures now fixed.  thumb1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2018, 05:17:15 PM »
Pictures now fixed.  thumb1

Thanks GM! Very nice example of the /416\ PS Rifles! Good to have the OP in full attire again!

firstchoice

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2018, 10:18:37 PM »
Just completed a comprehensive inventory of my SKS's - came across two PS's I didn't know were in the bunch. Total: 4. Tks all for the excellent discussion!

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2018, 03:42:10 AM »
Just completed a comprehensive inventory of my SKS's - came across two PS's I didn't know were in the bunch. Total: 4. Tks all for the excellent discussion!

Matchka, I remember your nice [0141] example. If you've got 4 PS rifles, post up those other three! We'd love to see them all!

If possible, reword your subject line on your [0141] post to include the Public Security Rifle moniker. Most helpful when using a search. Thanks!

firstchoice
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:46:35 AM by firstchoice »

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2018, 04:35:48 PM »
That's a great question BUT, the law of diminishing returns might apply considering the scarcity of PS personnel AND witnesses, especially filming(!) their work!  chuckles1

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2018, 02:38:46 PM »
I've managed to round up seven of the 'Public Security' over the years - three 0141's and four 416's. I also have a 416 M-2, and 0141's & 416's with no PS stamps. It's all over the map!

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2018, 02:10:28 AM »
I've managed to round up seven of the 'Public Security' over the years - three 0141's and four 416's. I also have a 416 M-2, and 0141's & 416's with no PS stamps. It's all over the map!

The finish quality of /416\ rifles, in general, seems to be above average. I've seen a couple of nice [0141] PS rifles, but all [0141] rifles are not well finished. How do your [0141] PS rifles rate in the finish department?

firstchoice

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2019, 02:33:00 AM »
Apologies for late reply - my 0141's are crisp, nice looking wood fit and finish.