Author Topic: Bud's has an inventory  (Read 3119 times)

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Bud's has an inventory
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2022, 02:56:19 PM »
Nice ^

Are these still Albanian imports? Do we know?

Limex Gmbh. of Austria appears to have bought the Albanian SKSs and sold them to US importer PW Arms. That additional middle man is another reason, besides the hot US gun market, that these were generally 67-100% more expensive than the 2012-14 imports ($500 vs. $250-300).

Offline pcke2000

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2022, 04:58:21 PM »
Nice ^

Limex Gmbh. of Austria appears to have bought the Albanian SKSs and sold them to US importer PW Arms. That additional middle man is another reason, besides the hot US gun market, that these were generally 67-100% more expensive than the 2012-14 imports ($500 vs. $250-300).

Same company that sold surplus Type 54 Tokarev to RGuns?

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2022, 05:07:41 PM »
HoH: The S/N format you describe is the PW Arms marking from recent (within the past two years) imports.  I believe the S/N's are now well into the mid 20's if not 30k's.  What arsenal and year code did you wind up with?  Seems like they are pretty much all Jianshe /26\ arsenal guns with year codes mostly from 11, 12, 13, and even a few 14's thrown in there. 

Year 10's were quite heavily represented early on in different import batches (IArms, Foxtrot Lima, etc.)

Offline HookedonHooks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2022, 07:38:18 PM »
HoH: The S/N format you describe is the PW Arms marking from recent (within the past two years) imports.  I believe the S/N's are now well into the mid 20's if not 30k's.  What arsenal and year code did you wind up with?  Seems like they are pretty much all Jianshe /26\ arsenal guns with year codes mostly from 11, 12, 13, and even a few 14's thrown in there. 

Year 10's were quite heavily represented early on in different import batches (IArms, Foxtrot Lima, etc.)
PW Serial is mid 35k. It's a /26\ Year 14

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2022, 10:32:13 AM »
My PW Arms from Classic (2020) were /26\ 1967s and the ones from Atlantic last fall were /26\ from 1969.

How many more Albanians are still out there to be imported? 

The prices haven't shot up since they are still coming in.  Keep thinking the supply will dry up, but more continue to appear.   thumb1

My Bud's Gun Shop Cosmo Special came on Friday, picked it up yesterday. I had received several emails regarding massive order influx causing the delay in shipment. I wasn't in no huge hurry so didn't bother me any though.

Upon inspection this morning, the rifle has at least a 1/4" of grease on every part of rifle. For that I'm definitely happy. A quick wipe down of serial number locations revealed all matching external metal and on the stock there were some empty brass cartouches and a pocket knife star as if they wanted it to be a Tula around the serial number but was still visibly matching to the metal as well. There's also an interesting import mark with a unique serial number designation of #SKSxxxx that obviously varies from the arsenals serialing of the gun entirely.

It's not what we used to get the Chinese cosmo specials for, but it not too much more. They're also not the early Chinese with blade style's that are a bit cooler than these, but for what I paid in today's market and the condition it is in I'm pretty excited!

Congrats on your purchase.  Would love to see pics of her when you have some time.  thumb1

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2022, 01:09:08 PM »
My PW Arms from Classic (2020) were /26\ 1967s and the ones from Atlantic last fall were /26\ from 1969.

Unknown, (possibly tens of thousands) but they are running out of year codes from /26\ to find.  Maybe some year 16's will turn up, that would be neat!  thumb1

They are importing them basically in chronological order, as new guns are found and/or later years become eligible under the 50 year rule that makes them C&R and thus the only way they are eligible for importation since they are military firearms.  After any year 16's it will probably have to be other arsenals as /26\ has the large gap between years 16 (1971, eligible Jan 1, 2022) and year 23 (1978, won't be eligible until Jan 1, 2029).  Would also be neat if next most productive arsenals like /636\, /416\, /106\, /116\, even /?5\ etc. that are known to gave guns somewhere within the year 10 to year 16 range do come in!  thumb1

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Marksman
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2022, 02:04:17 PM »

Unknown, (possibly tens of thousands) but they are running out of year codes from /26\ to find.  Maybe some year 16's will turn up, that would be neat!  thumb1

They are importing them basically in chronological order, as new guns are found and/or later years become eligible under the 50 year rule that makes them C&R and thus the only way they are eligible for importation since they are military firearms.  After any year 16's it will probably have to be other arsenals as /26\ has the large gap between years 16 (1971, eligible Jan 1, 2022) and year 23 (1978, won't be eligible until Jan 1, 2029).  Would also be neat if next most productive arsenals like /636\, /416\, /106\, /116\, even /?5\ etc. that are known to gave guns somewhere within the year 10 to year 16 range do come in!  thumb1

Good info - thanks. 

I just wondered if there was ever a known number of SKSs that had been shipped to Albania from China.  Thought we might could estimate the number left out there, by subtracting what's already come in.  Maybe not... chuckles1

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2022, 04:15:07 PM »
Well 35+k PW arms YTD guns according to your S/N.

Century had well over 20k in the initial batches (if I remember P32's United Nations import report from '12 correctly), IO had comparable, IArms, Foxtrot Lima, and TGI all combined probably had similar numbers. 

If I had to guess, I'd say we are very close to 100k SinoBanians by now.

Offline Chevy Boy

• Cadet
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2022, 07:25:23 PM »
If there are 100k of these stateside, wish SKS prices could come down and stay down to something reasonable. But it looks like they just keep rising.
I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona, you buy that I'll throw in the golden gate for free

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2022, 10:17:01 PM »
Buds wont ship to California because we already have plenty chuckles1. We are Ukraine and you guys / Buds are Joe Biden  chuckles1

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Marksman
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2022, 10:31:29 PM »
If there are 100k of these stateside, wish SKS prices could come down and stay down to something reasonable. But it looks like they just keep rising.

Guess there is demand for 150,000 of 'em.  So more folks keep paying big prices for them on gbkr.

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2022, 01:39:25 AM »

There's a lot more than 100,000 Chinese Type56's in the US.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2022, 09:38:33 AM »
Many estimates are 500k-1 million Chinese type 56s in the US in total, perhaps double or triple that even.  Hard to know for certain, I couldn’t even begin to guess. The SinoBanians are the only ones that have enough hard data for me to even make that WAG. 

There are definitely quite a few out there in the market right now though.

Offline Indy762

• Newber
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2022, 10:57:44 AM »
Picked up two. Covered in grease. Both are missing the in-stock cleaning kit.

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2022, 11:53:37 AM »
Oh god those are nice and dark ! Id be in heaven to have a couple of them thumb1. And with the Ca heat coming that cosmo would melt right off of everything and clean up nicely. These SkS's in this condition are an excellent conversation piece with friends and range goers. Don't get any better. Nice job 8) clap1

Offline Chevy Boy

• Cadet
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2022, 03:43:28 PM »
Nice ^

I think those are the only ones coming in since 2013-ish.

And nice grab Hooked, shoot some pics for us when you get her cleaned up.

Are no more Yugos coming in? We’re those from that run of Serbian police stock a few years ago the last of them?
I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona, you buy that I'll throw in the golden gate for free

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Marksman
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2022, 08:25:37 PM »

Are no more Yugos coming in? We’re those from that run of Serbian police stock a few years ago the last of them?

Who knows...?  I wouldn't bet against more coming in.  There are probably more in some back corner of an old warehouse in Belgrade.  chuckles1

Offline Cz315

• Marksman
  • The only way to avoid gun N is to avoid gun N-1
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2022, 08:49:47 PM »
Looking at how Russians are arming their troops with Mosins I have a feeling that the days of large imports of firearms from Europe are gone.