Author Topic: GB listings for February, 2016 - Special  (Read 3851 times)

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
GB listings for February, 2016 - Special
« on: March 07, 2016, 06:27:42 PM »
One lonely unpapered M21 this month.  Nothing terribly special, but I'm including it for completeness anyhow. 

-RM

Item Link   Description   # Bids   Starting Price   Final Price   Model   Arsenal Condition   Current Condition   S/N   RM's Notes

543921879   Chinese SKS - Norinco M21 - No Reserve   18   $0.01   $395.00    M21   Bubba   Fair   907087   Shame about the receiver cover swap, but because of it, someone was able to nab this one for a song.  Nice piece of history right here.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:38:17 PM by running-man »

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
Re: GB listings for February, 2016 - Special
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 08:40:22 PM »
I recommend tracking serials and asking prices/starting bid for the "special" report even when they don't sell. Toss in a few words about condition, etc. And maybe give other gun sites like proxi, IC, GA, GI the occasional eye for the rare SKS. There's so few of these things around that we'll eventually see the same one pop up and if somebody has done anything to fake or otherwise dick them.
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »
And definitely record serials when they do sell.

EDIT...
I do see some serials in your old reports. But not all. You abandoned it?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:56:41 PM by Blicero »
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."

-LooseCannon

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 11:31:56 PM »
It's a good idea Kevin.  I will put in S/N's for the specials at the very least.  I'm not sure I'll be able to track the unsold ones that get no bids.  I use a min bid of 1 as my threshold to even see an SKS, otherwise there would be something like 3000 listings to go through each month. 

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 08:21:20 AM »
It's a good idea Kevin.  I will put in S/N's for the specials at the very least.  I'm not sure I'll be able to track the unsold ones that get no bids.  I use a min bid of 1 as my threshold to even see an SKS, otherwise there would be something like 3000 listings to go through each month.

3000!?  :o 

Offline MEBears

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 08:32:23 AM »
That would be a whole lot of relistings. Like the RARE 16" w/thumbhole that keeps relisting at 799.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 09:33:24 AM »
Technically, a single gun could have 15 relistings at 24 hour increments with auto renewal.  I maybe exaggerated the real number a bit, but it's up there!  (Current 30 day search using my typical filters produced 1348 guns this morning) 

The 1 bid minimum guns search usually spits out 400 to 500 listings.  I then import them into Excel and group them by description and secondarily by item # (which typically corresponds to date).  When I see a large group of them with exactly the same listing title, I check the first and the last ones.  If they are the same gun with a reserve and they didn't sell, they all get file 13'd.  Sometimes this doesn't work for poor titles like "SKS 7.62x39".  You'd be surprised how many times that one gets used every single month for all different flavors from Albanian to Russian.  thumb1

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 08:25:15 PM »
You're definitely tracking guns differently than I did when the Russians were my baby. But I can fully appreciate how tracking all SKS is a wildly different beast. I don't want to make more work for you, but rather maximize the reports' usefulness.   :)
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon