Retail Products & Gunsmithing Services > High Velocity Gunsmithing

AK Barrel Threading

(1/3) > >>

Power Surge:
For anyone with an unthreaded AK47, I am offering a barrel threading service.

For an unthreaded exposed muzzle AK, the service is $50.

For a shrouded muzzle AK (like a Saiga), the service to cut the shroud down and thread is $75.

This is for standard AK  LH 14x1.0 threads. I can install your compensator for no charge if you send it with the gun.

Loose}{Cannon:
What keeps it from turning (indexed) if these carbines dont have the spring detent?   Locking nut?

Power Surge:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on March 26, 2016, 07:41:35 PM ---What keeps it from turning (indexed) if these carbines dont have the spring detent?   Locking nut?

--- End quote ---

I prefer to thread it matched to the compensator used so that it's indexed properly when tightened. But a lock ring or crush washer can be used too. I just don't like using them if possible because it doesn't look good on a cut down Saiga and it adds to how far the compensator sticks out.

Loose}{Cannon:
I see. 

Hey, aren't the slant brakes supposed to direct the muzzle down and to the left?... The reason for the off center detent notch...

Power Surge:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on March 26, 2016, 11:18:35 PM ---I see. 

Hey, aren't the slant brakes supposed to direct the muzzle down and to the left?... The reason for the off center detent notch...

--- End quote ---

Yes, but that is for a right handed shooter. The guy who owns the rifle in the pic above is left handed. He wanted his slant straight up. Also, the compesator in the pic above has right hand and left hand notches, which is why you see the one in the pic where it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version