Author Topic: My WASR-10  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Ret-Sarge

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Cadet
My WASR-10
« on: April 02, 2020, 11:44:53 PM »
My WASR 10, I wasn't a real fan of the blonde furniture though. Zero cant to the sights, magazine wobble is negligible to the point of being equal to my AR-15. Either Century has gotten their QC/QA process figured out or I just got damn lucky. Pretty impressed overall with the fitment, bayonet lug needs a little work as the bayonet I have starts to engage it, but doesn't go on all the way to lock it. Based on the SN it was manufactured in 2018.

Didn't come with the cleaning rod, sling or bayonet. I had a bayonet already and ordered a sling and cleaning rod, along with replacement furniture. I'm missing the spring for in the cleaning kit hole, and I need a surplus pistol grip screw so I can swap out the pistol grip. The current screw doesn't work with the milsurp pistol grip.

First picture shows it with the blonde furniture, the second one shows the surplus furniture, and last one shows it with the Surplus Romanian furniture on it. Looks better now with the furniture swapped.

I wanted the rifle to be representative of what the enemy carried while I was in.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 11:51:26 PM by Ret-Sarge »
Mike
TSgt USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
Re: My WASR-10
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 12:40:12 AM »
Did the same with a Romy.
You need a couple of good old steel/bakelite commie mags to complete the look.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Ret-Sarge

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 12:51:55 AM »
Did the same with a Romy.
You need a couple of good old steel/bakelite commie mags to complete the look.

I had a dozen or so around here, but I don't know where half the accessories I have ended up being stored after Hurricame Michael. We are still in the middle of repairs, my gunroom is now a playroom for the grandkids. We'll convert the garage and make it the new office/gunroom/militaria room.

Maybe then I'll find them, if not I'll have to get some more.
Mike
TSgt USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 06:39:48 AM »
Very nice looking furniture! I’ve had the same experience with my 2015 WASR-10. Great quality since it’s Romanian built with minor Century modifications for compliance. Good shooting rifle too.

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 09:12:58 AM »
nice work, looks good Mike. have a 10/63 and npap, fun shooters.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 07:39:34 PM »
Nice Romy WASR, Ret-Sarge! I think the darker furniture looks better, too. The lighter furniture looks good, but I'd be afraid to use it and get the first scratch and dent.  chuckles1

I was lucky to get my Romy's in the SAR-1 and SAR-2 models, with the dimples in the receiver and no need to carve out the magwell for double stack mags. Mine came with that cheapo looking painted furniture that I replaced with sets of Romy surplus that uses the forward and reverse style front handguards. The old "Tommy Gun" feel to it.

firstchoice

Offline Ret-Sarge

• Cadet
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 03:49:03 PM »
Nice Romy WASR, Ret-Sarge! I think the darker furniture looks better, too. The lighter furniture looks good, but I'd be afraid to use it and get the first scratch and dent.  chuckles1

I was lucky to get my Romy's in the SAR-1 and SAR-2 models, with the dimples in the receiver and no need to carve out the magwell for double stack mags. Mine came with that cheapo looking painted furniture that I replaced with sets of Romy surplus that uses the forward and reverse style front handguards. The old "Tommy Gun" feel to it.

firstchoice

Yeah the blonde furniture it comes with is really soft. I knocked a chip out of the original buttstock knocking it loose with my hands.

The surplus stocks are a harder wood that is for sure, and makes it look more authentic to me.
Mike
TSgt USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 04:39:06 PM »
Love the look of the dark furniture!  Very nice looking AK.

Offline Tbone13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 05:23:08 PM »
"I'm missing the spring for in the cleaning kit hole.."
I ordered an SKS "anti-rattle spring" for my Yugo SKS here.
https://www.sarcoinc.com/sks-buttstock-anti-rattle-spring/  from Sarco, Inc.
$5 shipped if it would work in your rifle.

Offline teddybear1848

• Rifleman
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 06:57:30 PM »
Romanian AKs are some of my favorites, especially the early 90s WUM-1s and Romak 1s. When they started importing the first WASRs they were some rough guns, almost polar opposites of their WUM/Romak counterparts. New ones are closer to that good ol Romak quality though.
"Is that actually a bucket of cat litter or is it 7.62 Nato?" - My better half.