Author Topic: Israeli M71's  (Read 7902 times)

Offline brentb636

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Israeli M71's
« on: March 14, 2015, 03:26:57 PM »
I thought I'd put these in the Military Rimfires , since Mossad used them against Black September after the Munich massacre.  These two of mine are Israeli surplus recently available with "permanent" faux suppressors attached.  Mine came from SOG and are indeed "excellent" condition.  Somehow the permanent suppressors became detached after import.  These guns are great shooters .  :)  Below is a slideshow of my Beretta rimfires. 

Beretta 70 Series Slideshow by brentb636 | Photobucket
I like guns

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Israeli M71's
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 03:38:02 PM »
Never heard of them, but I'm not a big pistol collector either.

What caliber?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline brentb636

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 07:40:48 AM »
They are .22LR semi-autos.  If you watch the movie "Munich" about the shooting of the '72 Israeli Olympic team, you'll see a few cameos of these nice little Berettas.  :)  Golda Meir's operation "wrath of GOD" involved sending out kidon teams , armed with the Beretta M71's , to take out all those responsible for the Munich massacre.  On a side note, a friend of mine, who spends a lot of time in Israel, says these pistols are carried currently by most all the civil servants, etc for personal weapons. 

Brent
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 07:15:04 AM by brentb636 »
I like guns

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 08:45:13 AM »
Very interesting...   I never bought into the idea that a cc had to be a certain caliber or larger. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline jd?

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 11:58:30 AM »
Very interesting...   I never bought into the idea that a cc had to be a certain caliber or larger.

See now, that's the kind of thinkin that will get ya booted off of some forums. rofl2  I wouldn't dream of walking out the door in the morning until I've strapped on my Auto-Mag.  ::)

Those are cute Brent, and you've got me interested.  I've got a gun problem, in that I'm not the least bit interested in any of the "new manufacture" stuff they're putting out these days.  Those interest me.  jd
I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.  Groucho Marx

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 09:16:06 PM »

See now, that's the kind of thinkin that will get ya booted off of some forums. rofl2  I wouldn't dream of walking out the door in the morning until I've strapped on my Auto-Mag.  ::)

Those are cute Brent, and you've got me interested.  I've got a gun problem, in that I'm not the least bit interested in any of the "new manufacture" stuff they're putting out these days.  Those interest me.  jd

Buy one, thumb1  http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=69
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 10:35:47 PM »
Cool little pistols.  Are they thin and lightweight?  An 8 round mag containing .22lr can't way too much.

Offline brentb636

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 07:06:52 AM »
Yes they are thin and lightweight.  The Mossad agents even had an armorer remove some of the powder to lighten the loads, allegedly . 
Israeli Mossad .22 LRS: The Reliable Pistols of the Mossad .  They are a piece of history.

Brent

I like guns

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 01:39:48 PM »
Fascinating and fine looking pistols Brent. I wasn't aware these were in existence either, thanks for sharing!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 12:34:38 PM by Dannyboy53 »

Offline jd?

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 10:05:03 PM »
Ah Hell, I'm getting more interested all the time.  This is usually how it starts with me.  jd
I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.  Groucho Marx

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 10:36:26 PM »
Interesting read brentb! Weighing only 17 oz.! Thanks for bringing these pistols to our attention.  thumb1  :)

Offline brentb636

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 07:13:52 AM »

For the first 35 years of my life, the only gun that I always had in the house was a Ruger Mk1 .22 pistol.  I was pretty sure I could discourage anybody with it.  These Beretta are accurate and reliable, and the Israeli tactic of emptying their magazines into their target at close range seemed to work quite well, as well as not make a lot of noise.   I have some very nice 9mm's to carry, but occasionally the little Beretta will sit in my belt holster, light as a feather ! :)  Brent
I like guns