Author Topic: New sks, lgs said it was Chinese but others tell me it’s Russian  (Read 476 times)

Offline AJ907

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Basically what the caption says. Local pawn shop had this listed as Chinese but I can't identify any markings on it, besides the import mark that says Chinese. I took it home for 500, and others have told me it’s definitely Russian. The top cover isn’t matched and the mag is force matched but everything else is matching. Can y’all tell me more about this?

Offline pcke2000

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sharp-Shooter
it's an early Russian

Offline Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
Technically speaking it's both.

Soviet because that's what it is (1950-1952 production), and Chinese because that's what it was identified as by the importer when they stamped it.

Colloquially known as a Soviet Sneak from the Albanian caches of cold war small arms.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
Is the cover a mismatch?  What does the top look like and what are the serial numbers on the back of it.  Pictures of both would help some.  Thanks!!
P.S.  Welcome aboard!!

Offline AJ907

• Newber
Is the cover a mismatch?  What does the top look like and what are the serial numbers on the back of it.  Pictures of both would help some.  Thanks!!
P.S.  Welcome aboard!!

Yes the cover is a mismatch which is unfortunate, definitely not a Russian top cover. And thank you!

Offline pcke2000

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sharp-Shooter
I wonder if the stock has been refinished?

Offline AJ907

• Newber
I wonder if the stock has been refinished?

I think so, feels like polyurethane or something