Author Topic: New 7.62x39 offerings from CZ  (Read 624 times)

Online Cz315

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
  • The only way to avoid gun N is to avoid gun N-1
New 7.62x39 offerings from CZ
« on: April 16, 2022, 11:14:33 AM »
https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-600-trail/
https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-600-alpha/

Looks interesting. I'd be curious to see how the CZ600 series that allows for user-replaceable barrels that are headspace in the barrel performs in the wild. I'll miss the mini-mausers, though.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 11:26:25 AM by Cz315 »

Online Cz315

• Marksman
  • The only way to avoid gun N is to avoid gun N-1
Re: New 7.62x39 offerings from CZ
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 08:26:56 PM »
Well, CZ 600 turned out to be a major flop. As suspected, user modification proved to be a major liability. I also handled one of those in person and I was less than impressed.

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE REGARDING CZ 600 BOLT-ACTION RIFLES

Česká zbrojovka (“CZ”) has recently learned of a potential safety issue with the CZ 600 bolt-action rifles. CZ is voluntarily initiating a recall of these rifles in order to protect the safety of its customers because of the potential for failure if the barrel is not installed correctly.
To prevent the possibility of death or serious personal injury, you should immediately stop using your CZ 600 rifle and do not fire it until it has been returned to CZ for inspection and to have the barrel screws affixed with thread lock.
CZ 600 rifles were designed to allow the users to replace the barrels themselves to change the caliber. CZ has learned that if the barrel is improperly installed, it is possible that the rifle could still be fired, but potentially result in a failure.
Based on the CZ values of providing the best, most reliable products and never compromising our customers’ safety, we have decided to issue a safety recall on the CZ 600 rifles. CZ will correct the issue by permanently installing the barrels in CZ 600 rifles. To minimize the risk of improper assembly, barrel replacement and caliber conversions are now available only through authorized service centers. The replacement or removal of the barrel outside of the authorized service centers will void the warranty."

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: New 7.62x39 offerings from CZ
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 09:54:20 AM »
Turns out letting Joe Blow be his own gunsmith isn't such a great idea in today's litigious world eh?  That's too bad, seemed like a nice concept.