Author Topic: AG42 B  (Read 1131 times)

Offline BMont

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
AG42 B
« on: July 24, 2021, 11:54:48 AM »
Posted on another forum but thought I would share here as well.  Cool rifles.

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: AG42 B
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 05:55:28 PM »
Very nice example & tks for the post. AG42's are definitely holding their value. Pricey (sold) specimens on GB range from ~1,800 to almost 3 thou! Link has recently solds, but not entirely up to date.

https://truegunvalue.com/rifle/ag-42/price-historical-value

Offline BMont

• Marksman
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 07:43:11 PM »
Very nice example & tks for the post. AG42's are definitely holding their value. Pricey (sold) specimens on GB range from ~1,800 to almost 3 thou! Link has recently solds, but not entirely up to date.

https://truegunvalue.com/rifle/ag-42/price-historical-value

Interesting... I figured they must be up in price since I snagged this one but didnt know they were that high.  Interesting Tid bit on the origins of this one... I purchased it from a seller liquidating some of the firearms from James Earl Jones.  Apparently he was an avid collector in through the years.  I have a few of them now.  I remember him as being the guy behind Darth Vader in star wars one of my favorite movies growing up.   

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 08:38:09 PM »
Very nice! The Ljungman (yoon'-mun) is definitely a beautifully designed and executed semiautomatic rifle. Mine was produced about 3K after yours in 1943 as well.

I remember when I first got into collecting 8 years ago these were sub-1K, but by the time I got mine 2.5 years ago, I felt fortunate to pay just a bit north of 1K.

Offline BMont

• Marksman
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 08:40:57 PM »
Very nice! The Ljungman (yoon'-mun) is definitely a beautifully designed and executed semiautomatic rifle. Mine was produced about 3K after yours in 1943 as well.

I remember when I first got into collecting 8 years ago these were sub-1K, but by the time I got mine 2.5 years ago, I felt fortunate to pay just a bit north of 1K.

I had to pull my book... I paid 850 in 2017.  Saw it and snatched it when it hit the honey milsurp seller I still paroose to this day. 

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 08:42:23 PM »

I had to pull my book... I paid 850 in 2017.  Saw it and snatched it when it hit the honey milsurp seller I still paroose to this day.

Great grab! I'd say that was under market value, even 4 years ago  thumb1

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 10:43:42 AM »
42's, Hakims & Rasheeds - all of 'em are going up in price everyday. They used to be 'regulars' on the pawn shop wall - not anymore.

Offline BMont

• Marksman
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 02:27:12 PM »
42's, Hakims & Rasheeds - all of 'em are going up in price everyday. They used to be 'regulars' on the pawn shop wall - not anymore.

Yep I picked up all of them with in about a 2 year span.  Luck on two of them and a friend had two ... I got his old one with a refinished stock.  Still a good shooter.