Author Topic: /0404\ in need of some TLC  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
/0404\ in need of some TLC
« on: June 18, 2021, 03:30:04 PM »
What's up guys. Long time! Haven't fondled me an SKS in a couple years but my great uncle gave this to me; an /0404\ barreled receiver. Looks like I have a new project. Curious.. ever seen one with a dot after the first two digits like this? Honestly I can't remember if I ever have. Thought that was neat. This thing is completely stripped, not even a front sight post or rear sight leaf or spring, etc. Has a wonderful hard coat of packing grease (nope, NOT cosmoline, GM, don't you worry  ;) ) & had a twisted wire with half an old price tag attached to the front sight. Unfortunately the part with the price was ripped off. No idea where my great uncle got her and she's nothing special, but she does not have an import mark which I found interesting. Old Canada special perhaps?

EDIT: It is indeed, import marked. It was hidden under that grease

Anyways, I will get her up & running eventually. Will be nice to get back into the scene a little.  :)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 08:08:54 AM by Worm »

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: /0404\ in need of some TLC
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 03:52:14 PM »
good to have you back. will be an interesting build.
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 04:08:48 PM »
Hey worm, good to see ya around. Can't help on the dot issue, but looks like a nice project to play with. I am looking at another SKS with some extra parts so if you need anything in particular give me a shout.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 04:11:26 PM »
good to have you back. will be an interesting build.

Thanks! Yes it will

Hey worm, good to see ya around. Can't help on the dot issue, but looks like a nice project to play with. I am looking at another SKS with some extra parts so if you need anything in particular give me a shout.

Awesome, thanks! Funding some other stuff right now, but I will let you know when I get a move on this