Author Topic: Bolt action purchase part 1  (Read 4671 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: Bolt action purchase part 1
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2021, 11:09:36 AM »
A guy on our local trader web-site posted a Howa 1500 in 7.62x39 with 500rnds of ammo and a 'budget' Nikon scope for $550. It was gone pretty much immediately. I called then messaged, then the ad was deleted.  cry1 cry1
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2021, 01:10:31 PM »
A guy on our local trader web-site posted a Howa 1500 in 7.62x39 with 500rnds of ammo and a 'budget' Nikon scope for $550. It was gone pretty much immediately. I called then messaged, then the ad was deleted.  cry1 cry1

“The one that got away, part 2”  ;)

That was a killer deal  :o

Offline lowell66dart

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2021, 01:47:34 PM »
Went and handled the Ruger and Savage this morning. Like the Ruger alot but I am ready to pull the trigger on a Savage Axis II. One problem. Seems that there are none available in 7.62x39 except in Canada. If anyone runs across one I would appreciate a heads up.
I have to grow old but I don't have to grow up...

Offline lowell66dart

• Marksman
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2021, 05:40:27 PM »
This one didn't get away!!!  Thursday night I'm checking the local gun forum classifieds and a Ruger Ranch 5.56 shows up. NIB $400. Called and the story was the guy had a bunch of gift cards and point at Bass Pro and was walking around and bought this on impulse for his 7 year old son. Gun didn't fit him.  Finally met up and got it this afternoon. I only have one 5.56 AR and a bunch of ammo so it makes sense I guess. Gotta find a scope now. Bought my wife some boiled crawfish on the way home and she didn't ask one question when I got home.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2021, 06:33:03 PM »
I have a local gun shop says they will order one in 7.62x39 for me, but I have to pay up front and no ETA. $499.99 + tax. On the other hand, they have a CZ 527 American in synth stock for $599.99 + tax in stock. I wonder how long the Ruger will take to come in or if I should just eat the other $100 and get the CZ. Probably the nicer action of the 2, but limited to 5 rnd mags. IF you can find them.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline lowell66dart

• Marksman
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2021, 08:04:06 PM »
You must be my long lost twin. As of now when I sell my M1A my next rifle will be the CZ with the synthetic stock.

Right now my head hurts from reading about scopes.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2021, 10:02:06 PM »
I got a 2X7X32 Vortex Crossfire II for my Ruger X39. Waiting for both at Bass Pro, Kali 10 day wait & in store ship. Couple Promag 10s inbound too.0
I got the Vortex 1X4X24 for my Henry .41 mag. Both scopes were reasonably priced. On a side note, I put a big loop and hammer spur on the Henry, but couldn't get the screws out for the mount. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline lowell66dart

• Marksman
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2021, 10:14:27 AM »
The Vortex is on my short list.

This looks interesting. Primary Arms SLx 1-6x24mm SFP Rifle Scope Gen III - Illuminated ACSS-KISS. Anyone have any experience with this scope?

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2021, 11:42:39 AM »
The Vortex is on my short list.

This looks interesting. Primary Arms SLx 1-6x24mm SFP Rifle Scope Gen III - Illuminated ACSS-KISS. Anyone have any experience with this scope?

The Vortex is illuminated too. They had listed a 1X4 without illumination, but I think it's discontinued. PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline lowell66dart

• Marksman
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2021, 01:55:25 PM »
Watched a bunch of videos where they had the camera looking thru the scope and that chevron reticle is really growing on me. It's a little heavy but I'm not going to be packing this thing much. Also for once something I am wanting is actually available.

Offline lowell66dart

• Marksman
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2021, 03:26:22 PM »
Well my new scope showed up today even though USPS tracking says it's still in Texas where I ordered it from. Called the order in Monday because I wanted the Primary Arms low mount rings. Feels nice looking around the shop, it's raining. Dropped my bullet lazer in the chamber and the red dot was in the chevron! That never happens to me.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2021, 08:23:22 PM »
Well my new scope showed up today even though USPS tracking says it's still in Texas where I ordered it from. Called the order in Monday because I wanted the Primary Arms low mount rings. Feels nice looking around the shop, it's raining. Dropped my bullet lazer in the chamber and the red dot was in the chevron! That never happens to me.

Much sweetness! PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2021, 10:28:51 AM »
I think Justin would like that scope, just because it has KISS on it, LOL.

I other news, just got my D&H 10rnd AR mags from PSA yesterday and really like them, They fit better than the OEM Magpul. Right now it is sporting a Simmons 30mm Pro-Target 3-9x40, but eventually will get swapped out for something with more reach and 5.56 calibrated. And YES, me and Lowell have the same sling I noticed, LOL. Probably got them off the same vendor on Ebay too, LOL.

Offline lowell66dart

• Marksman
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2021, 11:06:22 AM »
I shot it Thursday with an old Bushnell and it shoots nice. Gotta get it out this week with the new glass and some different ammo and see what it likes.

Are the mags plastic or steel?

I saw the post above about a paracord sling and said sounds good. I forget the brand. Something with a 10 in it. $20 on Amazon. Nice quality.

Offline lowell66dart

• Marksman
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2021, 11:11:07 AM »
Did a search on quiet flash hiders or brakes and came up with this thing.

KAK Industry 1/2-28 "Slim Line Flash Can"

Got one inbound.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2021, 11:20:30 AM »
You must be my long lost twin. As of now when I sell my M1A my next rifle will be the CZ with the synthetic stock.

Right now my head hurts from reading about scopes.

One you don't see anymore that Cz discontinued is a Cz527 Varmint Kevlar in 223..   The only rifle I have in that caliber. chuckles1

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2021, 11:38:20 AM »

Got one inbound.

Got a link for that MB?

That is a nice looking rifle ya got there GM. I'm checking with the LGS today to see if they still have that CZ 527 American in x39. It's $100 more than a Ruger, but I can't find one around here so better that than nothing.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2021, 12:10:46 PM »

Got one inbound.

Got a link for that MB?

That is a nice looking rifle ya got there GM. I'm checking with the LGS today to see if they still have that CZ 527 American in x39. It's $100 more than a Ruger, but I can't find one around here so better that than nothing.

For a C note more that quite a quality up grade. Not to mention that they have one. The LGS in these parts are slim for inventory and have no idea on back order time frames. PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline lowell66dart

• Marksman
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 01:46:53 PM by lowell66dart »

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2021, 02:59:31 PM »
Day late and a dollar short, went in today and they sold the CZ527 yesterday. Now I got nothing. cry1