Author Topic: so, this is why you do not go to your favorite haunt without having a gun nut  (Read 1797 times)

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
when i say having a gun nut i mean a wad or funds to go and get the next addition , im in the process of putting a nut together but not close yet, i sell parts and deer slayers to fund my collection , i do dig into the pocket from time to time which is what im facing now

so i walk in and asked if he had any old vintage bi pods , he said he did in fact and started rooting around for it ,so im scanning the racks for stepped barrels while hes looking and damn if a rifle didnt stop me in my tracks , a M1a with match sights , im telling you my fun bits started to get all tingly and warm

so he said the bi pod was not there and he hollers at the owner and asks , he said it sold , so im eyeballing this M1a like my dog Lucy eyeballs me when im eating a Sams Club Ribeye

so i ask about the rifle against my better judgement  and he pulls it down , he goes on and says it was a custom built special order  SA match rifle from the 1970's , having NM barrel , trigger group , bolt ,carrier group , and sights , and the final touch a dummy selector switch , sweet stock with a scratch , $2100 , that is not a bad price for that rig , but a butload when you just started putting a nut together , wouldnt hurt so much if i had a grand already to dip into pocket for the remainder

There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Aw nuts  ;)  You'd definitely need a sack of cash for that but it does sound like a nice one.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
think im going to let this one go by , i think hes spot on on the price , newer examples seem to be getting $1800 - $2000 , so factor in the vintage circa '70's S/N i think its a fair ask at $2100 ,but with the promises of higher taxs coming im not opening the coffers , obama tried to bankrupt me and these two scare me more than what he did to me

i have a small construction company , i was doing very well before obama took office his first term, by the end of his first term my gross income was reduced by a 3rd but some how my taxs almost doubled , by the end of his second term my gross was half what it was before his first term and 42 % of what i earned was going to the IRS and that doesnt account for the obama care fines for not purchasing insurance that i couldnt afford but didnt even kick in until i accrued $7k in medical expenses

these two getting ready to take office scare the hell out of me , they bend to easily to the nut jobs will

if the Trump was staying put id have no problem grabbing it, always wanted a NM M1a
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Man, I love the M1A but sold mine off (cause it was a Fed. Ord.) and have since changed my mind in getting an actual Springfield and I'm now thinking of replacing with a Socom 16 or Scout variant.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
Man, I love the M1A but sold mine off (cause it was a Fed. Ord.) and have since changed my mind in getting an actual Springfield and I'm now thinking of replacing with a Socom 16 or Scout variant.

love my springfield , would have loved to have grabbed the Springfield match rifle , hopefully it hangs around long enough , just picked up 3 more battle packs of South African 7.62x51 today , match grade

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Is that S.A. ammo really that good? I see those battle packs regularly go for $175-200+ range.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
yes , its very good ammo , R1M1 with purple primer sealant

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
Is that S.A. ammo really that good? I see those battle packs regularly go for $175-200+ range.

i have a line on battle packs of it for $125 , he has 7 left and is holding them for me , you will have to do the math per round to see if its worth it for you at those prices , i think it worked out to .89 cents a round at $125 a pack  which is pretty good in todays climate for good ammo

if my math is right at 200 bucks thats like a buck and a half a round 

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
140 rounds per battle pack, so yeah, $125 per pack is $0.89 per round and $200 is $1.43 per round...ouch!

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
thats salty isnt it , its good but not good enough at that price for bulk , maybe a box or two to try , for me i have 750 of the Green primer Austrian left ,so at 89 cents a round i have no problem with that  for the SA, locally they want $30 for a 20 box of what ever they have
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 11:01:01 PM by hoopharted »

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
so for giggles i visited the SA site , for just over 2k you can get a brand new match rifle , NM parts throughout ,nice shooters composite stock , the rear sight is NM but not hooded , so in my opinion being a vintage 70's NM SA M1a that would demand a edge over the new collector wise , but for shooting all the time i would go new for the ducketts if so inclined to climb into the wallet , just dont know how many rounds have been through a old rifle like the one in the shop , he would have to come down a few hundred to lure me in , so its a pass , cant buy em all

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
If any of you guys want/need an Archangel stock for an M1A, a buddy has one still in the package.
He'd probably sell it for a decent price since he doesn't own an M1A.....or anything else in 30 caliber for that matter.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7