Author Topic: 1950 SKS with spike bayonet  (Read 78890 times)

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: 1950 SKS with spike bayonet
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2017, 05:27:53 PM »
Thanks jstin! 

Hang tight, I have an online Russian SKS survey in the works.  (I'm currently manually pulling the info myself from various forums and auction sites).  It only needs another few hours of work before I'll be ready to beta test it.  You will be able to upload photos and observations.

The Chinese Survey V2.0 is up and working quite well if you have any Chinese Type 56s in your collection: http://form.jotform.us/form/41858512574158

Offline jstin2

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2017, 09:28:35 PM »
Sorry no Chinese. Also when you get the Russian survey up and running, could I put it in a folder on IMMB and give you access to it?

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2017, 10:24:09 PM »
Sorry no Chinese. Also when you get the Russian survey up and running, could I put it in a folder on IMMB and give you access to it?

You talking about imgbb...  The image hosting site?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline jstin2

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2017, 11:07:53 PM »
yes, same one that I have the pictures of 50.

Offline jstin2

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2017, 10:56:47 PM »
I was looking at Survivors forum. On the SKS Serial Number Registry I found something interesting. On post 73, leojlafrog on Dec.11 2012, posted a 50 tula with all 49 features. It didn't state what features specifically. No pictures.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2017, 11:39:50 PM »
No pics, crappy description....  yup, sounds like an sksboards database to me! 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline jstin2

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2017, 07:32:48 AM »
I can't see the fault in the forum. A member entered his rifles in the registry and that was it. I was in the same situation when I mentioned my rifle, but Boris questioned my rifle. He asked for more information and pictures. This did not happen when leojlafrog entered his post.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2017, 09:23:46 AM »
I can't see the fault in the forum. A member entered his rifles in the registry and that was it. I was in the same situation when I mentioned my rifle, but Boris questioned my rifle. He asked for more information and pictures. This did not happen when leojlafrog entered his post.

What knowledge did you gain from the 'registry' post on sksboards?   

Was the letter prefix the same?
Was the gun refurbished?
Was there pictures of all the components and serial?

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2017, 09:53:09 AM »
I can't see the fault in the forum. A member entered his rifles in the registry and that was it.

SKSboards and SKS-Files have quite a history jstin.  Many members here are banned over there.  Go ahead and try to post anything regarding this site or the weebly chinese SKS guide over there and watch how quickly the text turns into these markings: ******.  We are 100% censored over there plain and simple and have been accused of simultaneously 'stealing' their data at the same time we just 'make stuff up'.  Which is it?!  It can't be both at the same time!

The survey posted over there is NoytaCCCP's from Canada and is unfortunately rife with guns that either have refurbished and swapped receiver covers or outright fabrication by the person entering the data into the survey.  With no way to verify the entries, who's to say what's what? 

The survey they did was a noble cause, but w/o second parties being able to verify the data via at least photo evidence, it's simply not all that useful I'm afraid.

Offline jstin2

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2017, 10:44:49 AM »
This I didn't know. I thought that these forums were to further information about the SKS. I have learned a lot from both forums and hope to further my knowledge. One thing that I have to agree on, is that all items entered should have photos enclosed.

Offline jstin2

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2017, 04:38:08 PM »
Loose -Cannon, I need to read previous comments rather than just last one. I missed your comment. What did I get out of post? Not much other than his statement that he was entering this rifle. No S/N, no mention of what characteristics of 49 on his 50 rifle and no pictures.

Offline jstin2

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2017, 08:32:21 AM »
I just read a interesting item on the gunboards forum. Page 150, 1949 tula sks(picture heavy). 08-18-2009 at 1:55 p.m. 1950 sks mentioned. I am not a member of this forum, but browsing for information.

Offline jstin2

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2017, 10:23:12 PM »
date of post is actually 08/08/2009. my mistake.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2017, 10:24:19 PM »
What ya find out?

Offline jstin2

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2017, 10:54:31 PM »
It was interesting from comments made. Check it out. Had to jump ahead to get to page 151 then back to 150.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2017, 11:12:30 PM »
It was interesting from comments made. Check it out. Had to jump ahead to get to page 151 then back to 150.

No idea how to find it.   Have a link to the page your lookin at?

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2017, 02:50:27 AM »
Looks like jstin2 is referring to this post:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?125742-1949-Tula-SKS-(pic-heavy)

The pics apparently didn't survive the ages  :(

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2017, 02:36:16 PM »
It's amazing that the field of SKS collecting made any progress in the late 2000's in the face of posts like that. So much conjecture tossed about willy-nilly with absolutely zero to back much of it up beyond the name and reputation of the poster and a 'I own xx Russian SKSs!'.

OP of that thread was absolutely correct in pushing back at the narrative that some of those guys were pushing.  Doesn't really surprise me in the least anymore though.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2017, 03:36:52 PM »
It's amazing that the field of SKS collecting made any progress in the late 2000's in the face of posts like that. So much conjecture tossed about willy-nilly with absolutely zero to back much of it up beyond the name and reputation of the poster and a 'I own xx Russian SKSs!'.

OP of that thread was absolutely correct in pushing back at the narrative that some of those guys were pushing.  Doesn't really surprise me in the least anymore though.

Whoa :o flashbacks of days gone by..  ???  Don't question me...I own 87 of them...I am the expert. If you were the expert...I would be asking you chuckles1

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2017, 10:07:41 PM »
Oh for petes sake.