Author Topic: My Classic SKS from first offer...  (Read 2156 times)

Online Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
My Classic SKS from first offer...
« on: August 17, 2019, 04:16:30 PM »
So I received this "15" on first offer from Classic.... I paid for HS. I never dealt with Classic and did my own thing even though the haters were going nuts when this offer came up. I paid the money to see if the "screams of don't buy from..." were true.

It's not matching. In my opinion, and would like yours, the bayonet still looks staked (what say you).

Here she is. Non-matching and I'm happy with it. Give me your opinion. YES, I've been holding out on posting the photos.

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: My Classic SKS from first offer...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 06:25:00 PM »
nice looking. the stock matches the receiver, thats a plus.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 06:28:40 PM »
Very nice C&R sneak!

A definite keeper as the 15th year guns are extremely uncommon becaue of the very low production numbers

Nice catch!

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 08:31:43 PM »
I think it's certainly worthy of being a 'hand select' based on the external condition. Too bad about the mismatch on the carrier and receiver cover though.  Those and the gas tube, and piston show this one is an amalgamation of perhaps 5 different carbines which is pretty neat in-and-of itself. My first yugo was just like that.

The staked-ness of the bayo is irrelevant at this point IMO. I'd be quite surprised, based on everything I see in the photos, if that bayonet has not been off that carbine at some point in its life.  dntknw1

Opinions on the internet are like elbows, everyone has some. There is certainly a loud contingent that *really* dislikes Classic for one reason or another.  I must admit I'm not super fond of them, given the choice to go elsewhere for the same product at the same price, I'd go elsewhere 100% of the time. My largest beef is that they take relatively common guns that haven't been available for a good while, talk them up tremendously (and often erroneously), and then sell them at well above market prices. They always sell out, so you can't fault them for running a successful business, I just wish they conducted themselves a bit more likes Dan's Firearms and less like a used car lot.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 09:46:16 PM »
Heck of an example....  I would be proud to own it.   I'll send you my address. 

Serial still under the 20k threshold.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 12:04:22 AM »
Its a beautiful darker example. Adding a SkS to a collection never sucks. thumb1

Offline echo83

• Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 09:40:04 AM »
I think it's a nice looking rifle! I could go either way with the matching/non-matching viewpoint. What's the condition of the bore/barrel/gas system? How does it shoot?

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 09:30:20 PM »
I probably would have ponied up if I could have “hand-selected” for a scarcer 15th Type 56. The condition and year offset the Albanian “musical carbines” mixmaster condition. Well done  thumb1

Online Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 07:46:19 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Echo, I have not shot this one yet. Let's just say I'm a little behind on several "test fires"!  :)

Offline martin08

• Marksman
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 08:05:07 AM »
Was your hand select request for the '15' serial prefix?  If so, OK.  If not, then hand select for condition and/or matching numbers was tossing dollar bills into the wind.

Online Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 03:42:33 PM »
Yes, I rolled the dice. I didn't make a demand when I didn't even know what serial range they had. I received 2 "15"s so I better than most I would guess. This one is not as nice and not matching but it is what it is.