Author Topic: Info on chinese 26  (Read 2870 times)

Offline Boris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Info on chinese 26
« on: August 31, 2017, 04:29:57 PM »
Picked up an sks chinese today. Triangle 26, 24 million serial number with a P on the end, pamona calif, french tickler, all numbers matching, triangle 4 on stock, spiker. Just wondering if someone can give me any info on it.
Thanks Bruce

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
Re: Info on chinese 26
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 05:07:10 PM »
I cant help you with it Boris just by going with what you are describing but, someone should be able to.  If you could post up some pics of it, it would probably help some one give you better info on it.  Good luck on any info you find out about it.

Offline Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 05:44:25 PM »
Sounds like a next-to-last year Type 56 from the Jianshe Arsenal. 1988-94 import gun.

P stamp is attributed by many to import/export, but not know for certain.

Triangle # stamps are fairly common and likely related to proof/inspection.

Not sure if the French tickler hand guard was standard or commercial mod.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 06:50:22 PM »
I know LC might disagree with me on this one but I really think the french ticklers were standard on all 24 mil /26\s.  The 23 mil /26\s...those are certainly up for debate as I've seen quite a few of those with wooden handguards and seemingly original stocks, but I can't find a 24 mil in as-issued condition that doesn't have the french tickler.   dntknw1

It might be I just haven't looked hard enough  chuckles1  Either way, the late /26\ guns are exceptionally nice guns.  Excellent fit, function, and it's clear that the build quality is head and shoulders above some of the smaller factory's output we saw during the mid to late 70's. 

Pomona likely indicates a JPE or a K-Sports (KSI) import stamp.  Sounds like a winner to me!  thumb1

Offline Boris

• Cadet
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 07:23:49 PM »
The rifle has not been fired much. I am happy to find it. Thanks for the info. Now I will blast off  a hundred or so rounds.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 09:54:17 PM »
I know LC might disagree with me on this one but I really think the french ticklers were standard on all 24 mil /26\s.  The 23 mil /26\s...those are certainly up for debate as I've seen quite a few of those with wooden handguards and seemingly original stocks, but I can't find a 24 mil in as-issued condition that doesn't have the french tickler.   dntknw1

Could very well be, perhaps they transitioned to the FT in the 23 series?  I have mainly just thought of them as virtually the same and know I have seen box fresh wooden HGs.  I couldnt say whether the wood HGs were isolated to the 23s.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.