Author Topic: Cz512 22WMR  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Cz512 22WMR
« on: October 08, 2017, 11:18:32 PM »
Ok.. yes, I know.. I have a weakness for Cz's  :-[  I found this new in the box old stock for sale a few weeks ago, old stock as in this has been sitting, somewhere all lonely and unloved in the dark box since 2012, according to the date on it... a Cz512 in .22WMR.. autoloaders in 22mag are not that common by any maker.. I do have a Marlin 922 in 22WMR, it's a hoot to shoot.. so I figured given Cz's history of quality, what the heck.
I looked at the tactical version...but..uhm..no.. now, the classic look, I'm there.. When I first looked at it... it looked alot like my old Crossman 2200 pellet gun I wore out as a kid..  And the really nice thing... this autoloader shares the same magazines as my Cz452 17HMR bolt rifle, so thats great, I'm covered.. I'm not overly crazy about the sights, maybe I will see what options there is before I scope it..

The obligatory Cz box shot thumb1

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Cz512 22WMR
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 05:21:16 AM »
That's NIB alright  :o Nice looking rifle, I like the wood too  thumb1 It appears to be built for use and to take, and dish out, abuse. That front sight shroud sure looks beefy, like it's built to be a knockabout varmint gun. I don't know what the sight picture is like with that shroud but it sounds like you have your doubts.

I don't have anything chambered in .22WMR but it looks like a .22LR on steroids  8)

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 08:01:43 AM »
Very nice!  I like the looks and style of it it!   thumb1
By any chance, would that front sight hood be easily removable with out messing up the front sight itself?

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 08:45:33 AM »
nice! cool to find them like that.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 10:35:36 AM »
The front sight hood is easily removable, it removes and installs just like a Mauser. The shroud/hood or front sight design doesn't bother me, all 3 of the Marlin Camp series I own, and a few others have a similar hood on the front sight, actually I like it. I actually ordered and used that same hood to replace the missing one on my MAS45, took a little fitting, and looks pretty decent. It's the rear sight I'm not crazy about, it puts me more in the mind of a adjustable pistol sight, or an after thought..

Oh P32....gratuitous enable time  :) ....The 512 is available in .22lr as well thumb1
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:39:56 AM by Greasemonkey »

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 11:31:55 AM »
The front sight hood is easily removable, it removes and installs just like a Mauser. The shroud/hood or front sight design doesn't bother me, all 3 of the Marlin Camp series I own, and a few others have a similar hood on the front sight, actually I like it. I actually ordered and used that same hood to replace the missing one on my MAS45, took a little fitting, and looks pretty decent. It's the rear sight I'm not crazy about, it puts me more in the mind of a adjustable pistol sight, or an after thought..

Oh P32....gratuitous enable time  :) ....The 512 is available in .22lr as well thumb1

Oh, okay.  I thought it was the front sight hood you didnt like about the sights.  That is what I get for thinking.   :-[

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 08:12:00 PM »
You love the CZs dont ya.    :))

Never heard of this one.  They have a semi auto in 17hmr?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 09:32:08 PM »
Cz's of any age....I've even looked and fondled a Cz550 in 375 H&H... drool2 old Mossbergs and old Marlins..  thumb1

Only semiauto 17HMR I've seen is made by Savage, I wanted to try it...but wasn't gonna buy it, I would have had to step out of my 3 above  nea1  someone like Volquartsen may still make or made one.. Some others have tinkered with it.. it's a hair higher pressure round than a 22wmr, and 17-20 gr bullet, so normal blowback style weapons go stupid..

I have 2 17HMRs, the Cz and a Marlin.. fun tiny round... till the wind blows.. that adds to the challenge..