Author Topic: Mossberg International 715T .22LR  (Read 3322 times)

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Mossberg International 715T .22LR
« on: April 01, 2015, 05:27:51 PM »
On the way home from the hospital yesterday we stopped in at our local favorite gun shop, Heber Springs Gun, to browse around. I had cabin fever from being cooped up in that room with no cigarettes or guns, ended up picking up this little plinker! It was $239 out the door.

It's a Mossberg International (whatever that means?!) 715T in .22LR only. None of the features of the M16/M4 work, like the charging handle for example. It weighs a little over 5 lbs and, I think is 33" in overall length. The barrel is 18" long. This one came with a 10 round magazine which doesn't extend below the magazine well but we got a 25 round magazine that looks similar to the M16 series mag when it's in place. The only one Ben had in stock was the camo mag you see here but we will order a black one soon. The cheapest I have found so far is $25 for the 25 round, haven't checked very much.

These carbines also come with a carrying handle but without the old M16 birdcage type flash hider. Available also is the flat top model for those wanting to mount a scope.

Okay, now you're maybe wanting to know how it shoots and functions. Mary ran some Federal 36 grain copper plated hollow points through it, off hand, at about 30 feet and the groups could be covered with a nickle. The carbine functioned flawlessly, sorry, no photos! It has an adjustable post front sight and a rear peep that is also adjustable for windage and elevation. It has a crossbolt safety directly in front of the trigger and an ambidextrous magazine release on both sides of the magazine well, it's a simple downward rotating lever. The bolt locks to the rear on the last shot, it can also be locked manually by pulling back on the charging handle and pushing it in.

The down-side of it...the only thing I can see at this time is it's a pain in the butt to disassemble...really. Approximately 13 screws to remove the poly stock and handguard then you have to take the bolt out the bottom of the receiver, practiced hands will make it easier to do I'm sure.

As you can see this is no "fancy-dan piece", just an inexpensive shooter but we are very pleased with it so far. Anyone running across one of these that is looking for an inexpensive shooter to play with, I would recommend it. It sure put a smile on little momma's face!  :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:12:11 PM by Dannyboy53 »

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
Re: Mossberg International 715T .22LR
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 10:48:59 AM »
Danny, you da man! Guy is on his way home from the hospital after having a heart attack and stops at a gun shop and buys a new toy. Well played old boy, well played indeed! I wonder what my wife will let me buy if I have a heart attack? Geez, if I want that SVT-40 "I'll probably have to cough up a lung" to quote Ferris Bueller.

Nice looking little plinker and a darn nice little price. Enjoy it my friend and keep getting better!
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 10:47:21 PM »
Thank you Carl, I figure as long as I'm breathing and passing by a gun shop at the same time I'm gonna stop and at least take a look...heart attack be danged! But I don't want you having a heart attack (or coughing up a lung) to get a new gun!

I finally got a chance to shoot it yesterday and it's a lot of fun to shoot.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 11:10:05 AM »
Nice Danny...  your going to need alot more ammo.   :)

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 03:10:47 PM »
Thanks Cannon, there's more on the way! shooting1  dance1