Author Topic: how rare is a Chinese AK type 2 bayo and sheath in redish orange bakelite  (Read 1087 times)

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
been looking for a nice example for a while now and cant find any in any condition , are they hens teeth?
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: how rare is a Chinese AK type 2 bayo and sheath in redish orange bakelite
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 08:06:28 PM »
I haven't seen one of those for quite a while now. What little I do see are the Romy Bayonets w/frogs
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 08:14:37 PM »
i actually picked a Romy bayo up for like $12 bucks , i see Russian AK bayos for upwards to $200 , Atlantic had the black Chinese like the one on my 86S but are sold out  , but the orange bakelite are not to be found
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 08:30:31 PM »
i actually picked a Romy bayo up for like $12 bucks , i see Russian AK bayos for upwards to $200 , Atlantic had the black Chinese like the one on my 86S but are sold out  , but the orange bakelite are not to be found

Yeah, they were pretty coveted 10-15 years ago already so I imagine they are going to be a hard find. Can you say "needle in a haystack"? rofl rofl
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 11:10:55 PM »
Are you referring to these? 

They have seemed to fall off in availability in the past 10 years, or so. I'd sure like to find a set of Chinese furniture, hint, hint.  :P  Yeah, I realize I'd have to kick in a fair amount on my end, too.  thumb1

(Also available in black...)

We really need an emoji of a Hen with big buck teeth!  chuckles1

firstchoice

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 12:52:40 AM »
I've got one of the black one's.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 03:35:49 PM »
i found one , nice collection btw , i have the black and orange now , i still cant find that other stock set , part of me thinks it fell victem to trade fodder ,all the deals over the years get jumbled up

i did find a old German scope last weekend rooting around that i forgot i had ,lol , 3 post reticle ,pre WW2 , great scope , and another WW2 german 3 post scope , exterior finish is very worn on the WW2 one

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2021, 05:06:16 PM »
Hey Hoo -
I'll give you 20 bucks each for the scopes......
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 07:23:24 PM »
maybe eBay, also dessert fox.com use to have some. www.desertfox.com or something like that.
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2021, 08:09:19 PM »
i found one , nice collection btw , i have the black and orange now , i still cant find that other stock set , part of me thinks it fell victem to trade fodder ,all the deals over the years get jumbled up

i did find a old German scope last weekend rooting around that i forgot i had ,lol , 3 post reticle ,pre WW2 , great scope , and another WW2 german 3 post scope , exterior finish is very worn on the WW2 one

hehehe, i actually have a 1917 Erfurt deer slayer that Bubba boogered up that has a pristine bore , im contemplating buying a set of repro high turrets and doing a faux sniper  , the way the mounts attch it would hide bubbas handy work

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 08:26:33 AM »

Cool, that was quick...

How much did you end up having to shell out for the orange one? I think you said that you already had a black one for your 86S? Just curious what they're worth nowadays.

If you ever run across that other set of Chinese furniture, let me know. I was high bidder for a while on the set you posted on Gunbroker. I messed up and didn't recheck it before the auction ended and somebody else swooped in and picked it.  :-[  If the Buyer doesn't follow through on his bid, let me know and I'll give you what he was supposed to.

firstchoice

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 05:13:21 PM »
gave a buck fitty for the bayo , the black one i have is the original to the rifle

the guy says payment is on the way for the stock set ,it went for 3 bills