Author Topic: KFS import SKS  (Read 418 times)

Offline Algotguns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
KFS import SKS
« on: May 10, 2023, 05:51:36 PM »
I came across a KFS Import that is marked on the side of the barrel between the bayonet lug and gas block. It is also marked between the ferrule and rear sight. KFS ATL GA SKS 7.62mm CHINA. The stock has been glass bedded and it has a scope mount attached to the receiver. The receiver is an early milled and it has a short collar screw in barrel. It is marked with 2 Chinese characters OL4L then a 6 number serial #. Any info would be helpful
Thanks

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: KFS import SKS
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 06:58:38 PM »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 08:02:53 PM »
More than likely, given how weak the stamping is, it should read as 3 Chinese characters for the Type 56 (2 characters would be on the right side as a Public Security rifle) and the arsenal stamp should read 0141 and then the SN which looks like 70030x which should make it a 1970 or 15th year build.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Algotguns

• Newber
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 08:06:14 PM »
Thanks very much! I looked but I guess I didn't look in the right area

Offline Algotguns

• Newber
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 08:07:47 PM »
It does not have the characters on the right side

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 11:31:33 PM »
Good eyes GG, I was trying to decipher as I was leaving work, but the faint characters and numbers just weren't coming together for me at all.

The arsenal stamp looks like this when struck well Al:

The "type 56" marking in Chinese characters looks pretty much the same on most carbines, but there are some that are a bit funky. 

This one would be the standard:

五六式

but much of it is obliterated or was very poorly stamped.

That PU style scope mount is a Kengs specialty, not really seen on many other imports (except maybe AAI out of Kansas City...there may be more but that's all I can remember off the top of my head).  The glass bedded stock was probably done stateside by someone who wanted to try (and likely failed) to get sub 1 MOA accuracy out of your typical stock SKS.  Nice carbine, how's she shoot?

Offline Algotguns

• Newber
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2023, 04:35:51 AM »
I have not shot it yet. It came with a Leupold M8-2.5x.  Just wanted to go through everything first