General Milsurp Weapons > General C&R Information

Mostly C&R Sport Jobs

<< < (2/2)

Larry D.:
While we're carving up your collection, I'll take that Savage 99F .308

I've wanted one for years.

echo1:

--- Quote from: Larry D. on February 09, 2021, 07:50:38 PM ---While we're carving up your collection, I'll take that Savage 99F .308

I've wanted one for years.

--- End quote ---

It's my most favorite huntin rig, well balanced. You can carry it by the scope. About 112 yards, slightly down hill. I waited, was patient. Through the right cheek out the left eye. Went down to China town, .308 Savage 99F, yeah baby. PAX

Larry D.:
Nice shot Pax.

My reason for wanting one is purely sentimental. It was my Dad's rifle of choice, too. Many deer and Javelina fell to his.
When Dad died, two family members conspired to make it disappear until all the legalities were done. (Dad died intestate - lesson to all)
Once the dust settled, it magically reappeared on the wall at my sisters house. She doesn't shoot. Nobody in her house does.
She did, however, tell me that she thought it was pretty, and that it really looked nice hanging up there. 

Long story short, if I find one with a blonde stock, I'm willing to sell organs to get it. Possibly even my organs.....

Cz315:
I'll echo that it was an OUTSTANDING shot, echo1 !

echo1:
Thanks, Daniel Boone taught me. Actually that was my firstist and only deer I've shot. That rack size is my personal standard. Since I'm in Kali, most deer in my hunting zone, 3, 4, 5, are spikes of forks, and I'm not a meat hunter, so I look for 4 pointers or better. I really haven't gotten a chance to commit to serious hunting for a long time. Now that I'm retired, I hope to get  up to Idaho and do some damage. My buds up there gaaruuntee success. They take elk and deer every season, and most have their lifetime moose already.  PAX

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version