Author Topic: Not sure about 6 digit rifle  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Dirtydawg81

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Not sure about 6 digit rifle
« on: October 23, 2018, 11:42:44 PM »
A  family member gave me a call today asking I could get some info on a 6 digit serial number Chinese  sks. I've been looking around a bit and I'm not sure myself. Lol
Serial number is 6 digets with "A" stamped after the digits. Imported by KBI. It has a triangle stamped before the serial but he doesn't remember what numbers are stamped inside. Has no chinese symbols either. I'm not sure if it's a 57 or maybe a 60 since it has the letter A after the serial number. I havent seen it yet but I'm gonna try and check it out this weekend. Any info you might have will be appreciated.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Not sure about 6 digit rifle
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 12:50:48 AM »
With the arsenal stamp before the six digit S/N, it sounds like a 70's built gun from a smaller arsenal with a 7x#### S/N.  The A suffix is not something that will help you ID this one.  I would need photos to 100% verify though.

Offline Dirtydawg81

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Re: Not sure about 6 digit rifle
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 02:57:08 AM »
Thanks R.M..    Okay got a chance to check it out. It's a Paratrooper with a fiberglass jungle stock. 13 mil serial number with a arsenal stamp 116.  Guess he thought one of the numbers was a letter,  but it was really a number four. Its in pretty good shape all matching except for the sight leaf which is unmarked.